Happy New Year from Counter-Currents!
This is the second monthly Counter-Currents/North American New Right Newsletter.
You are receiving this either because you asked to be placed on our mailing list or because I thought you might like to be on this list. If I was mistaken about that, please let me know and I can remove you. Also, please let me know if you would prefer that I use a different email address. Nobody else on this list will have access to your email address.
I want to begin by thanking you—our loyal readers, as well as our writers, proofreaders, translators, book purchasers, and generous donors—for your help in making Counter-Currents and North American New Right a continued success.
We went online on June 11. That month, we had 10,328 visits from 6,145 unique visitors.
Since then, we have published two books, 506 online pieces (up from 416 this time last month), and more than 1,340 comments (up from 1,040 this time last month).
Our full traffic statistics are printed below, but I can’t resist mentioning that in December, we had 50,975 visits to the site (up from 48,336) from 26,161 unique visitors (up from 26,054), who looked at 171,833 pages (up from 617,183) and racked up 1,101,829 “hits” (up from, 915,553).
In addition to my editorial work, I have personally written 36 pieces (up from 23 this time last month) and translated 30 others (up from 28 last month).
In December, we put our first two podcasts online.
In January, we have two new books coming out.
But enough teasers. There is a great deal of interesting information below, and I hope you will give it your full attention.
The dawn of a new year is a time of hope and change. It is a time of self-overcoming: fighting to replace bad habits with good ones. We wish each and every one of you the best in carrying out your resolutions. I hope that this time next year, I will be a stronger, better person addressing stronger, better people.
But please do not forget your race in your resolutions for the new year. Please take stock of the money you spend each year for the enemy to pump their poisonous propaganda into your living rooms and into the minds of your children. Add up how much you spend monthly on cable TV, magazines, and newspapers. Then cut them off.
Program yourself. Get a Netflix subscription. Learn about file-sharing sites. Read your news on the internet.
Then take the money you are saving and donate it to White Nationalists who are building an alternative media. I want to recommend three ventures in particular, but there are many others worthy of support:
- Counter-Currents and North American New Right. For information on donations, see items 13 and 14 below, or go straight to the donation page: http://www.counter-currents.com/donate/
- The Occidental Observer: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/donate/
- The Voice of Reason Broadcast Network: http://reasonradionetwork.com/support-vor
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right
1. How you can help Counter-Currents at no cost to yourself
Amazon.com has an affiliate marketing program. If you visit Amazon through the Counter-Currents site and make any qualified purchase, Amazon will pay Counter-Currents a commission at no additional cost to yourself. The link to Amazon is on the upper right hand bar at the Counter-Currents site.
If you have Amazon.com bookmarked on your computer, click the following link and then replace your bookmark with the page that appears. This will allow you to go directly to Amazon.com, and Counter-Currents will receive the same commission.
2. Our First Two Titles in Paperback
Our first two titles, Michael O’Meara’s Toward the White Republic and Michael J. Polignano’s Taking Our Own Side are being released in paperback editions in December. The list price of both titles is $20, but our website price for O’Meara is $16 and for Polignano is $18. For the O’Meara title, click here: http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/01/toward-the-white-republic-now-available-in-hardcover-and-paperback/ For the Polignano title, click here: http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/01/taking-our-own-side-now-available-in-hardcover-and-paperback/
3. Our First Two Titles in Regular Hardcover Editions
The limited, numbered and signed hardcover editions of Toward the White Republic and Taking Our Own Side are now sold out and have become collector’s items. To meet continued demand for hardcovers, we have released regular, unnumbered hardcovers. The list price for both volumes is $35, but they are available at the Counter-Currents website for $30. For the O’Meara title, click here: http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/01/toward-the-white-republic-now-available-in-hardcover-and-paperback/ For the Polignano title, click here: http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/01/taking-our-own-side-now-available-in-hardcover-and-paperback/
4. Another Way You Can Help at No Cost to Yourself
Toward the White Republic and Taking Our Own Side are now available at Amazon.com. If you have an Amazon account, please consider doing the following to promote them:
- Post positive reviews of both titles.
- Include both titles in recommended reading lists for White Nationalist and New Right literature.
5. Our Next Title: Greg Johnson’s Confessions of a Reluctant Hater
Our next title was prompted by one of our readers, who suggested that I put together a collection of my more introductory and topical essays that might be useful for individuals who are just beginning to explore White Nationalism.
I looked at the file where I list my writings, and after a bit of tinkering, the table of contents fell together almost on its own. Confessions of a Reluctant Hater contains 27 essays and reviews, written between 2002 and 2010.
For details, click here: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/12/now-available-for-pre-orderconfessions-of-a-reluctant-hater/
Like all Counter-Currents titles, the first edition will be limited to 100 numbered hardbound copies. I will sign and personalize all copies. The release date is January 31, 2011.
6. Kerry Bolton’s Artists of the Right
Kerry Bolton’s Artists of the Right: Resisting Decadence contains fourteen chapters on racially conscious artists: D. H. Lawrence, H. P. Lovecraft, Gabriele D’Annunzio, Filippo Marinetti, W. B. Yeats, Knut Hamsun, Ezra Pound, Percy Wyndham Lewis, Henry Williamson, Roy Campbell, P. R. Stephensen, Rex Fairburn, Count Potocki of Montalk, and Yukio Mishima. The volume includes an Introduction by Greg Johnson as well as a detailed Index. The book is 300 pages in length.
Pre-orders will be available later in January.
7. The First Volume of North American New Right
The deadline for the first volume of North American New Right passed at the stroke of midnight.
North American New Right appears in two formats: our webzine where something new appears every day and a print edition that collects the best articles, interviews, and reviews from the website (plus additional material) into a handsome book that will be published annually. The model is the journals Tyr: Myth, Culture, Tradition or Alexandria: The Journal of Western Cosmological Traditions. The deadline for the first volume of the print edition is New Year’s Eve, and we will send it to press in March of 2011.
Authors in the first volume include Michael O’Meara, Kevin MacDonald, Ted Sallis, Greg Johnson, Jonathan Bowden, Derek Hawthorne, Kerry Bolton, F. Roger Devlin, Amanda Bradley, J. Howard-Hobson, and others. There are also translations of works by Alain de Benoist, Guillaume Faye, Robert Steuckers, Dominique Venner, Edouard Rix, and Julius Evola. The volume includes a memorial symposium in honor of Francis Parker Yockey. The volume will be 320 pages in length and available in both hardcover and paperback.
The hardcover edition will be limited to 200 copies and will only be available to donors to North American New Right. For more information, see item 14 below
8. Web Traffic
Our readership continues to grow dramatically. Here are our statistics from June 11, 2010, when the site first went online, until the end of December.
|Month||Unique Visitors||Number of Visits||Pages Viewed||Hits||Bandwidth|
Between November and December, we experienced steady growth, in spite of the traffic-depressing effects of the holidays.
9. December’s Top Ten Articles (with date of publication and number of readers)
- Vic Olvir, “Sylvia Plath: Stasis in Darkness,” Nov. 9: 3,330
- Greg Johnson, “Why Conservatives Still Can’t Win,” Dec. 28: 2,887
- Christopher Donovan, “Secrets to a Happy Life: A Primer for 20-Something Whites,” Dec. 19: 2,601
- Greg Johnson, “Smells Like . . . White Guilt: Christian Lander’s Whiter Shades of Pale,” Dec. 8: 2,303
- Greg Johnson, “West Coast White Nationalism,” Dec. 10: 2,124
- Trevor Lynch, Hellboy, movie review, August 6: 2,068
- Thomas F. Bertonneau, “The Kali Yuga: René Guénon’s Critique of Modernity,” Dec. 19: 1,942
- Miguel Serrano, “Last Encounter with Carl Jung,” Oct. 28: 1,837
- Michael Polignano, “Taking Action,” Dec. 18: 1,788
- Greg Johnson, Death in June’s Peaceful Snow, music review, Dec. 15: 1,739
As I mentioned in the last newsletter, three points are worth noting.
- First, many of our most popular articles were published months ago, and they will probably continue to find readers many months from now.
- Second, many of our most popular articles are on highbrow topics that even I did not predict would be successful (nearly 8,000 words on Sylvia Plath—which has topped our ratings for two months running!).
- Third, it is apparent that the readers of our article on Sylvia Plath are coming primarily from Google searches. I have good reason to believe that college and high school students who are required to read Plath are coming to Counter-Currents while doing online research. We are reaching young minds, and since the articles we publish tend not to be tied to the daily news cycle, their appeal is more than ephemeral. We are building an online reference library—a veritable encyclopedia—of high quality articles about history’s greatest racially conscious individuals, plus racially conscious interpretations of writers, thinkers, history, popular culture, and current events—a library that will continue to be read and shape impressions long after ephemeral blog posts are forgotten.
10. Measures of Influence
Counter-Currents/North American New Right articles have been widely reposted and commented upon online, but two measures of influence are most telling.
- First, 53 articles from our site (up from 44) have been reposted on Robert Steuckers’ Euro-Synergies, the leading European New Right blog http://euro-synergies.hautetfort.com/. This is more than 10% of our total articles published. For more details, click: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/10/counter-currentsnorth-american-new-right-reprints-on-euro-synergies/
- Second, at least 32 articles from our site (up from 24) have been translated into German, Russian, and Czech. For more details, click: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/10/translations-of-articles-from-counter-currents-north-american-new-right/
Since websites have a way of coming and going, we have now begun copying and archiving these translations on our site.
If you know of other translations of work from this site, please let us know.
In December, we put our first two podcasts online:
- Michael Polignano, “Motivation,” Dec. 18: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/12/taking-action/
- Michael Polignano, “Taking Action,” Dec. 4: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/12/our-first-podcastmotivation/
12. The Ongoing Search for Contributing Editors and Authors
- To increase our coverage of fine arts, contemporary music, films, videos, podcasts, comics and graphic novels, and other cultural fields, we are looking for Contributing Editors and reviewers. For more information, click: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/11/call-for-editors-and-reviewers/
- We are also actively searching for authors for several: http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/11/call-for-papers/
13. Why You Should Donate to Counter-Currents/North American New Right
Like all promoters of ideas that go against the current, Counter-Currents and North American New Right depend on the donations of readers and friends to survive and to grow.
Your contributions will go to pay honoraria and stipends to writers for Counter-Currents and North American New Right.
Over the years, I have seen many talented writers appear, only to disappear a few months or years later.
At first, they are sustained by sheer idealism. But after a while, they learn that idealism alone cannot sustain them when they are hit with temporary feelings of discouragement or competing personal obligations.
By paying writers, we can sustain their interest and enthusiasm through the ups and downs of life. Our goal is to foster talented writers and keep them in the fight for the long haul.
You can make two different types of donations:
- You can make is a single donation of any size.
- You can make a recurring donation of any size.
Recurring donations fall into four categories:
- Friends of Counter-Currents: $10 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of our annual journal North American New Right.
- The Bronze Age Circle: $20 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Right and one other hardcover Counter-Currents title.
- The Silver Age Circle: $50 per month. Membership entitles you to a free hardcover copy of North American New Right and three other hardcover Counter-Currents titles.
- The Golden Age Circle: $100 per month and up. Membership entitles you to free hardcover copies of North American New Right and all other Counter-Currents titles.
- Membership bonuses become available in the third month of one’s subscription.
- There is no Dark Age Circle, because we are already living in it free of charge.
To make a donation, click http://www.counter-currents.com/donate/
Remember: Those who fight for the Golden Age live in it today.
14. The Vanguard
In his podcast “Taking Action” Mike Polignano introduced a new incentive to support Counter-Currents and North American New Right. We have decided to limit the deluxe hardcover edition of North American New Right to 200 numbered copies. These copies will be available only to donors who give $120 or more in a given year, either in lump sums or by monthly donations. Please consider joining now, particularly if you want your pick of a significant number. Visit our Donation page here: http://www.counter-currents.com/donate/