Podcast no. 16
Greg Johnson’s “New Right vs. Old Right”"/>

Podcast no. 16
Greg Johnson’s “New Right vs. Old Right”

time: 24:54

To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save link as.”

To subscribe to our podcasts, click here.

To read the text of this podcast, click here.

This entry was posted in Counter-Currents Radio and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Razvan
    Posted May 13, 2012 at 5:35 am | Permalink

Extremely beautiful effigy of Janus. It is interesting how powerful and meaningful the symbols of the old religions still are.

2. Faustus
    Posted May 13, 2012 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Greg:

Just listened to your PodCast – your delivery has made a marked improvement: your delivery, like many who are just starting to vocalize your positions, needs to become more personal – that means, from the heart – try not to Read…just Speak.

3. BasilX
    Posted May 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

I prefer reading from your own prepared text.Writing gives you some time to find more appropriate words.

4. Eric Hale
    Posted May 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

I really appreciate the podcasts. I drive 45 minutes to work every morning, and loading up a Counter Currents podcast makes the drive far more enjoyable!

5. Matt
    Posted May 14, 2012 at 4:30 am | Permalink

I’ve been trying to get hold of a text (written or podcast) to send to my non-politicised friends that sums up my own position as accurately as possible. This podcast is it!

Thank you!

6. Lew
    Posted May 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Greg,

Regarding New Right ideas and theory in general, I’ve been reading CC about a year and half. My understanding of your concept of metapolitics and New Right ideas is much better than it was, but it is still pretty superficial, I feel, because I was starting from a zero knowledge base. I had not heard of Julius Evola, for example, until I found CC, much less read him, much less had the slightest understanding of why he’s important. A lot of these people just aren’t taught in a typical humanistic curriculum (and by that I mean a true humanistic curriculum not the contemporary debased version taught most places today). I’m old enough to have caught the last wave of quality humanistic instructors before they retired.

I don’t know if this is a realistic or feasible request, or maybe you have this information already on the site somewhere. But, if you were going to teach an introductory class on the “New Right” to graduate students, say New Right I and New Right II (or whatever), what would be your suggested reading list? Is that something that you could realistically recommend? Don’t know if it would it have general value or not or whether helping noobs get up to speed would be waste of your time.

There are all kinds of books available for sale on CC, but to go a little deeper into a topic in a systematic way, I think you need to know not just who to read but the logical order, how they build on each other, etc. For example, ancient Greek philosophy is often taught like this (or at least to me it was): Pre-Socratics > Socrates via Plato’s early dialogs > Plato’s mature works > Aristotle. So the sequence of readings might be Thales of Miletus, Heraclitus, Parmenides, Euthyphro, The Republic, The Nichomean Ethics (or whatever).

So basically, would it possible to construct a New Right reading list that would follow that kind of logical progression on how the ideas build on each other and interrelate? Or, would it be best just dive in to CC author list and start working through it.

Posted May 16, 2012 at 2:02 am | Permalink

LEW, this is an important question. Other readers have asked me much the same thing. Let me give it some thought and address it fully as soon as possible.

One Trackback

• Video of the Day:

• Kindle Subscription

The Lightning and the Sun

An eagle with a shield soaring upwards

A Life in the Political Wilderness