Holiday Special
It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas"/>

Holiday Special
It’s Time to STOP Shopping for Christmas

1,053 words

Even though I am an unbeliever, the Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. Christmas, like dogs, brings out the best in people. It awakens a desire to beautify one’s world and adorn one’s soul with good deeds.

The worst kind of evil is not merely harming people, but harming people by exploiting their goodness. A pickpocket merely steals your money. A con artist who steals your money by saying that he is collecting donations for a good cause also penalizes virtue and undermines the trust that is the foundation of civilized society.

That is why I despise the commercialization of Christmas. There is a whole economy of “fourth quarter” industries that depend on Christmas giving. Advertisers whip us into materialistic frenzies, so we rack up huge credit card debts. Traditionally, Christmas shopping begins after Thanksgiving. But recently, it has been creeping back toward Halloween. If capitalists had their way, of course, we would be listening to Christmas muzak and pushing shopping carts in midsummer.

But there is a limit to when Christmas shopping can begin. If religion had anything to do with it, the absolute limit would be Easter. But economics is the deciding factor here. And in economic terms, Christmas shopping cannot begin until consumers have paid off their credit card debts from the previous Christmas.

The Friday after Thanksgiving is now called “Black Friday.” Traditionally, a Black Friday marks a massacre or disaster, and for consumers, I suppose it is. Merchants may be in the black, but consumers end up in the red.

It is too soon for White Nationalist politics in the United States. But racially conscious people still want to “do something.” The best thing we can do is make ourselves strong as a community. And the best way to do that is to become as independent as possible from the existing political and economic system. The Christmas season is the best time to begin that process, because it is the time when we spend the most money on the dumbest things in the dumbest way in the least amount of time.

So it is time to STOP shopping for Christmas.

Take a holiday from holiday shopping.

Stop running yourself ragged running up debts.

1. Don’t go into debt. Freeze your credit cards. Literally. Go to the kitchen, fill a container with water, put your credit cards in it, and stick it in the freezer. Don’t even think about thawing them out until January. And when January comes, resist the temptation and see just how long you can go without them.

2. Give the gift of freedom. Make a list of the people with whom you exchange gifts. If you have enough ties, enough sweaters, enough useless “novelty” items and your friends do as well, call them up and propose that you let one another off the hook.

3. Regift. Admit it, the thought has crossed your mind. I have done it countless times, usually with sweaters. A lot of people buy gifts just to buy gifts. What are the chances that they know you well enough and have the time and the taste to find you the perfect gift? This means that the first time around, many gifts do not reach the right recipient and end up unappreciated. Regifting is a way of helping them find the right home, at no additional cost and with the added benefit of reducing clutter. I start thinking about regifting well in advance (on Christmas day, truth be told), whereas many people choose gifts at the last minute.

4. Create, Reuse, Refurbish. Can you make your own Christmas cards, wreaths, and ornaments? Do it. Were your garden and fruit trees unusually productive? Consider giving preserves or pies for Christmas. If you have a particular talent for making bread or brewing beer or bottling wine, give those for Christmas. Old furniture is usually better made than new stuff. Learn to refinish and reupholster. Do you bind books? Offer to rebind a friend’s favorite book. Do you sew, knit, crochet? Make something. Between now and Christmas, you have plenty of time to do any of these things. You even have time to pick up new skills.

5. Teach, Encourage, Empower. Do you have talents and skills you can teach your friends? Give them “gift certificates” (hand-made, of course) entitling them to lessons. Do you play the piano? Offer the children of your friends some introductory lessons. Do you know how to maintain and repair your car, your air conditioner, your bicycle, your appliances, your plumbing, your lawn mower? Well most of your friends don’t. They spend hundreds of dollars every year repairing or replacing items that they have not maintained properly. Give them lessons, and you will help them save money and become more independent.  Are you a great cook? Give your friends cooking lessons. People spend enormous amounts of money eating out. When they can make better food cheaper at home, they will not need or want to.

If you still have gifts to give after running through the above list and you are compelled to go shopping, consider the following rules of thumb.

6. Buy from local, small businesses, not big chains.

7. Buy goods made by white people around the world, not non-whites.

8. Patronize artists and craftsmen, not mass producers of plastic junk.

9. Keep your money in the racially conscious community. Buy from racially conscious publishers, booksellers, and other merchandisers. Readers, please post links to racially-conscious merchandisers in the comments to this article.

10. Affiliate Marketing: If you buy from Amazon.com, enter through Counter-Currents and we will get a commission at no cost to you. (If you have Amazon.com already bookmarked on your computer, replace your old bookmark with the url in the link above, and Counter-Currents will still get a commission, even if you do not enter Amazon.com from this site.)

No, I am not Scrooge. I am not the Grinch. I am not trying to steal your Christmas. I am merely suggesting that we celebrate Christmas intelligently and creatively, in ways that enrich us as a community rather than impoverish us, in ways that empower rather than weaken us. Decommercializing Christmas and reconnecting it with family and community will actually make it more meaningful and fun than ever.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas from everyone at Counter-Currents/North American New Right!

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Roissy Hater
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Gift-giving is ridiculous at this time in history. Unless you plan on making something for someone or giving to a friend or family member in need, what the hell is the point? Everyone has everything, relatively speaking.

2. excalibur
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

A few weeks ago I was shopping for a pair of sneakers.My wife and I entered a store, I believe it was Nike. We liked the sneakers. A loud music was blasting, I suppose some kind of rap music, a huge picture of a a basketball player was posted,my wife said probably Michael Jordan, I do not recognize them since I do not watch the “athletic sports”. I immediately left the store. When I see non-white models I immediately discard the idea of having that dress or shirt or sweater. My wife says do not be ridiculous, now-days you can not avoid that. But this comes to me without any thinking, sub-consciously.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

For years I never thought of buying an iPod, and I realized that subliminally, I was reacting against the overwhelming non-white feel of their advertising. On some level, I felt they were not for white people.

• Posted November 24, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

That’s exactly how I felt….so I stole mine.

Great post. Being out of debt is the best thing you can do. If you have the willpower, I would suggest to people to use credit cards for all their necessary purchases and pay it off every month while racking up frequent flyer points. Most of those cards have a yearly fee, but if you call to cancel it, they will rescind it.

I feel absolutely no loyalty to any of these globalist companies. During this season, I wear and return a load of party dresses, all from deserving companies, of course. I do all my honest consuming from mom and pop shops or thirfts, except my nails. Asians, man.

3. Brandon
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Thanks for a good article, Greg. As a Christian believer myself, I was always put off by what I perceived to be your hostility toward Christianity and the Christian tradition. From your words here, I see that you are not totally hostile, and I agree with what you’ve written above.

In a similar vein, I have a thought experiment that I would like your response to: “If an Occidental Christian nationalist movement (perhaps along a Kinist vein, but not necessarily) was able to seize substantial power and carve out a national living space which allow a revived western tradition to live and flourish, where immigration controls were substituted and it became possibly the only nation on Earth where white people were not systematically persecuted and where they were encouraged, preferred, and allowed to thrive, yet, the dominant ethos of the culture was Christian as well as a style of governance informed by patriarchal Christian tradition, would you still be against Christianity per se?”

Posted November 23, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Of course I would still be against Christianity per se, since all these good things would only be accidentally related to Christianity and would be fundamentally at odds with Christian values, which would therefore undermine them over time. Your argument basically boils down to going back to a period in time when the white race was healthy and Christianity was strong — a time when, I would argue, the race was healthy IN SPITE OF the influence of Christianity, in the same way that many young men with drinking problems can remain healthy and fit for a while, before the poison starts taking its toll.

The trouble with your sort of scenario is that if we returned to such a starting point, history would simply run forward to the same sort of situation we are in today, because values are one of the fundamental forces in history, and Christianity is by its nature universalistic and otherworldly religion that undermines racial and national values and attachments as well as concerns with maintaining the purity of one’s race. (If a Negro can share heaven with you, then why can’t he share the same country with you or enter holy wedlock with your daughter?)

As I argue in my “The Christian Question in White Nationalism,” http://www.counter-currents.com/2010/06/the-christian-question-in-white-nationalism/ the otherworldiness of Christianity makes it possible for White Nationalists to come to a kind of accommodation with the Churches. They will render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, provided that we become Caesar and demand that they do not undermine racial and national health. But that means that Christianity can only be reconciled with a healthy white society if that society is not ruled by Christians, but instead by people for whom racial and national integrity trump Christian values, and who are willing to force the Church into respecting those values and into confining itself to otherworldly concerns.

• Colin Laney
        Posted November 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

This is not a problem. The Romans, who as far as we know invented the feast-making, gift-giving Christmas holiday – which they called Saturnalia – were not burdened by debts or the trap of expensive gift exchanges. The primary gift given were candles (a season of lights, even then) which could be easily adapted to Greg’s proposed limit of handmade or purchased from local artisans. Even if you were to buy candles, those credit cards in the freezer would hardly have to be disturbed.

This solution is, I think, elegant in many ways. It bypasses the Finance Capital beast, enriches local White artisans without burdening the pocket book, replaces all complex gift exchange calculations (what doesn’t this person have? What do they want? What kind of gifts did they get me/ my family last year? Is this too much? Is this too little?) with one simple answer: candles. At the same time, it connects and identifies Europeans as such while linking them to ancestral folkways from which their modern practices are derived. What could be better?

But wait! There’s more! From La Wik:

The day of gift-giving was the Sigillaria on December 23. Because gifts of value would mark social status contrary to the spirit of the season, these were often the pottery or wax figurines called sigillaria made specially for the day, candles, or “gag gifts”, of which Augustus was particularly fond.In his many poems about the Saturnalia, Martial names both expensive and quite cheap gifts, including writing tablets, dice, knucklebones, moneyboxes, combs, toothpicks, a hat, a hunting knife, an axe, various lamps, balls, perfumes, pipes, a pig, a sausage, a parrot, tables, cups, spoons, items of clothing, statues, masks, books, and pets. Gifts might be as costly as a slave or exotic animal, but Martial suggests that token gifts of low intrinsic value inversely measure the high quality of a friendship. Patrons or “bosses” might pass along a gratuity (sigillaricium) to their poorer clients or dependents to help them buy gifts. Some emperors were noted for their devoted observance of the Sigillaria.

I can’t see any of Greg’s complaints or suggestions that aren’t anticipated by the Romans, and candle giving – I don’t know much about the wax figurines – avoids the “grinch problem”. Everyone likes giving gifts, and everyone likes recieving gifts, even, or especially, if the gifts are tokens that do not burden the giver or the reciever with debt of some sort.

Statius on Saturnalia, late 1st century: “For how many years shall this festival abide! Never shall age destroy so holy a day! While the hills of Latium remain and father Tiber, while thy Rome stands and the Capitol thou hast restored to the world, it shall continue.”

Never shall age destroy so holy a day! No, nor Protestants neither!

Io Saturnalia!

• Shotgun
        Posted November 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Mr. Johnson,

You should set up a formal debate with a Kinist and settle us Christian Racial Nationalists once and for all.

Posted November 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

• Jaego
        Posted November 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I believe that like Identity, Kinists believe Chrisitanity is only for Whites, but I could be wrong. I asked the last Kinist who posted here for an explanation of it and amazingly he said that this wasn’t the proper forum. If that kind of attitude is prevalent, they don’t have much of a future.

• Shotgun
        Posted November 24, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

As a Kinist, I have my own serious criticisms of contemporary American Evangelicalism (very personal and bitter criticisms). Still, I’d want to make sure that we distinguish between traditional Christianity (and the resulting set of metaphysical beliefs one is obligated to hold by accepting it) and contemporary manifestations.

If this distinction is maintained, then I could agree with most everything in Mr. Johnson’s article. If, however, Christianity as a system of metaphysical beliefs (and ethics, etc.) is intended without qualification, then we would have serious disagreements. (Not least of which, it would be maintained that historical commentary itself presupposes a theistic cognitive environment, rendering all such historic criticism counter productive, since the act of making the criticism affirms what the skeptic wants to deny: the truth of Christian metaphysical claims).

Posted November 24, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

What is this, some sort of transcendental Calvinism? What are the specifically Christian metaphysical assumptions presupposed by all of us?

• Shotgun
        Posted November 25, 2012 at 7:34 am | Permalink

Yes sir, there’s a movement in Reformed circles focused on pointing out the necessity of Christian theism in accounting for human experience. To express these theological convictions in contemporary analytical jargon, we’ve taken up discussions of transcendental arguments, though the way we use them are unique, and different from popular notions of a Robert Stern or a P.F. Strawson.

Kinism arose out of this movement, as Christians began realizing that Scripture lays out a normative social order for man (which is tribal and ethnic in composition) and that, further, contemporary notions of social order are almost blasphemous. Further, Kinism has been influenced by the Southern Agrarians and their critique of modernism.

As for the preconditions of human experience: I had in mind, specifically, the preconditions inherent in historical commentary, specifically the existence of other minds, identity through time, the ability to transmit meaning through language, and even the legitimacy of beliefs about temporal states beyond one’s present experience of “nowness”. (It could be a Cartesian Demon created you just now, with memories in tact, and if that’s the case, then you can’t speak authoritatively about actual historical events. And further, if you can’t prove this isn’t the case, then you’re not rationally justified in discussing history either – it sounds silly, but it’s real problem discussed by philosophers). Such preconditions require a cognitive environment provided by a Christian theistic conception of reality.

• Greg P.
      Posted November 25, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

I think this discussion is off topic and detracts from the point of Greg’s article.

I haven’t heard any Christians, or anyone else, complain about the content of the article, and embrace the consumerism of Christmas. I mean, how can any pro-White advocate the continued depletion and redistribution of our scarce resources to anti-Whites and anti-White institutions? The problem is that, as a community, we are still hurt by this. That’s why this essay is so helpful and should be spread within our community. The comment section was supposed to be used to our collective advantage, to help persuade racially conscious families spend money within our community.

Instead, people decided to turn it into a forum to spout their opinions on the Christian Question. Discussing the Christian Question in the comments to this article is not only unproductive and not conducive to the “Christmas spirit” with which I think this essay was written. It makes us look like a bunch of bickering scrooges.

• Greg P.
      Posted November 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Shotgun said,

Mr. Johnson,

Debates are “won” not by facts or logic but by charisma, debating tactics, and name calling. And even if one person “wins” the logical part of a debate, the spectators can often come away with something else entirely. For example, the debate between communists/cultural Marxists and “conservatives” on college campuses in the 60s and 70s; anti-communists almost always won and made more sense but the communists won the masses with their talking points and by imposing their terminology.

So debates really are most effective and relevant when used within the context of mass politics, and not so much for this situation.

When Greg writes his next piece on the Christian Question I can think of no better person to argue for the Christian Kinist point of view then yourself. I remember getting along with you well during our interesting talks at AmRen. You certainly seemed open and fair-minded in our discussions then, so I hope it will be educational, if not productive.

As for ‘settling’ it “once and for all,” I don’t think that’s possible. The different sides are working off completely different assumptions to formulate their views. Facts don’t mean anything to someone who has faith in/fierce loyalty to a worldview, whether it is a religion or not. But, I would be interested in learning the Kinist perspective and evaluate for myself how conducive I think it is to our race’s survival and future prosperity. So I look forward to that discussion, on the appropriate thread.

4. Posted November 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

My family has slowly, over the years, come to not giving gifts. Our Christmas is marked by a traditional Lutheran midnight service on the 24th, with the 25th celebrated with food and family.

If I see something that I know a family member or friend would greatly appreciate and use then I get it, no matter what part of the year.

5. nice guy
    Posted November 23, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

This year, I’ll give dried apple chips from apples from my trees as presents. They’re yummy.

6. Greg Johnson
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Here are some people I would recommend buying gifts from.

Incense and other things that smell good:

Art works:
    Do a Google Image search for Charles Krafft, and get in touch with me if you want to reach him.

Great music:

Please send in more links.

• Kerry Bolton
      Posted November 24, 2012 at 7:50 am | Permalink

Two more excellent gift ideas:

Artists of the Right,

both available from Counter-Currents.

• Sandy
      Posted November 24, 2012 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Could I suggest for Great books:

• Redcorona
      Posted November 24, 2012 at 11:34 am | Permalink

This should be taken beyond Christmas gifts. It would be a step in the right direction if someone were to provide a list of approved White businesses. We could then expand or reduce that list based on quality of merchandise and integrity of ideology.

Does a business have a huge debt with Citibank? Remove from list – they are just hemorrhaging our money back to our enemies.

Does a business hire illegals? Remove from list.

And so on.

7. J. G. Marcure
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 6:12 am | Permalink

Greg, this is a wonderful, and succinct, article.

To briefly add an addendum I discovered that Jerome Depp has his most recent album (which is not currently available on his website) for sale at http://jeromedeppe.bandcamp.com/.

His Songs of Love, Hate and Fear CD is also available at http://lapin.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-love-hate-and-fear for $10 + S&H, with immediate download in the format of your choice.

Thanks to his contributions to David E. William’s I Have Forgotten How to Love You, I have long been a fan of Deppe and it was was a treat to be reminded of him and find he had new music to explore.

8. Sandy
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

I have a few days off work and am rereading Andrew Fraser’s The WASP Question ( A great gift idea for Christian readers) and your opening statement Even though I am an unbeliever brought to mind Fraser’s comment on the Orthodox Christian Church before the papal revolution where he wrote that “God revealed himself everywhere to the English people, not just in the churches but also in their homes and hearths, their fields and forests, and, through their kith and Kin, in the blood of their island race. The orthodox Christian faith of the Anglo-Saxon era was nor defined by a set of beliefs but by a sense of belonging to the Body of Christ (Society).

An area worthy of study for the modern Christian unhappy with today’s mess of pottage.

9. rhondda
    Posted November 24, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

How about good old fashioned baking. You know those cookies that are gone in one sitting.

• me
      Posted November 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Good idea, rhondda, considering much of today’s food packaging including cookies contains High Fructose Corn Syrup, a toxic item that doesn’t belong in the human body. HFCS is a cheap sugar substitute. What’s bad about it is much of today’s corn crop is genetically modified.

10. Sandy
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 7:44 am | Permalink

I’ll write more about Christianity eventually, but a debate is not really a forum for serious intellectual exchange. That would be most appreciated for I regard Christianity as the archeo in Faye’s archeofuturism.

I thought I had a handle on Christianity until Andrew Fraser came along and set me back to square one. Life truly is like an onion – it brings tears to your eyes.

11. reg
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 8:16 am | Permalink

Good article Greg. I try to enjoy Christmas by celebrating it more as a season than a particular day. It starts with Advent and a daily meditation. It includes a family attendance at a local Christmas concert, usually free, and usually at a church. It also includes donating shampoo and other items to a local jail ministry and donating toys to community outreach efforts. I involve my children in these efforts, and the fact that the beneficiaries of our charity are mostly non-White is irrelevant in this context. I also try to renew connections with a distant relative or friend. Finally, I try to extend the season beyond Christmas day. I listen to Christmas music and leave the tree up until Epiphany. Oh yeah, and we make our own cards every year.

Although these are very Christian sounding activities, my view is that their significance is not limited to Christian universalism. There is something about Christmas that deeply resonates with northern people and our pre-Christian consciousness.

Thank you Greg for the work you are doing.

12. Classic Sparkle
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

It is Van Til via Bahnsen and Rushdoony.

The Kinist position is very clearly outlined in many papers and many forums all readily available on the nets.

13. Ladylike
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

For your Christmas or Saturnalia needs, consider buying pure beeswax candles. They smell very nice and produce a great deal less smoke than paraffin or soy wax candles. Also, you are all but guaranteed to be dealing with a white-owned business. One source I’ve used often is here.

14. Gregor
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

Anyone here ever heard of the Yule Log? Anyone here know that many (most?) of the folk customs we practice and enjoy at Christmas originated LONG before any such thing as “Christianity” ever saw the light of day in Northern Europe? Anyone realize that the Yule Tree has deep roots in our ancestors’ traditions of reverence for nature, trees and the cycle of the seasons?

C’mon people! Don’t get stuck in the rut of just stopping SHOPPING during the Yule Season. Throw the whole alien metaphysics embedded in “Christianity” out with the dead “Xmas” tree after the new year.

Start Fresh! Learn your ancestral traditions. Enjoy Yuletide, sans commercialism. And don’t stop there … move on through all the traditional European festivals celebrating the light and the changes of seasons. Return HOME, and leave alien stuff to aliens, elsewhere.

15. Gregor
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

Sorry, I forgot to mention something. I’m going to wag my finger at Greg for using “Holiday Season” in his essay.

That’s way too INCLUSIVE, and insinuates we participate in something which has lots of the “not us” involved.

Words ARE important, so why are we talking about “Holiday Season”, not to mention “Christmas” in the sense of an alien desert-god cosmology which has nothing to do with our own people and their roots, their natural cosmology?

Don’t say “Happy Holidays” or “Season’s Greetings”, or even “Merry Christmas” any more. Say Merry Yule, or Happy Yuletide, which centers OUR ethnic roots in the discourse, not alien beliefs.

We, as descendants of Europeans, especially of the North, OWN the word-term “Yule”. It’s not “inclusive”, and can never become such. Just like we OWN the term “anti-White”. Nobody can co-opt or steal these terms without looking silly.

Use language that we own, for describing ourselves. Center language on our interests, not alien-coopted stuff.

/finger-shaking.

16. Greg P.
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Arktos, http://www.arktos.com/ is a good source for books you can’t find on Counter-Currents. They have an eclectic selection worth checking out.

And their music section is also tempting: http://www.arktos.com/music.html
    I would suggest Winglord. I only have his/their first album but I was very happy with that purchase.

The Artist Scott Belknap, a fellow Pacific Northwesterner and friend of Harold Arthur McNeil, is getting a new website shortly. He makes sculptures, pendants, plaques, etc. His old website was My Europa. I hear the focus of the new website will be more of an esoteric nature.

If you want to see his artwork and know when his new website comes out, I would suggest becoming friends with Scott on facebook (search for Scott A. Belknap; there is also a picture of him on his old website that could you help identify him on facebook).

And finally, you could help support White Rabbit Radio by buying one of their hoodies, Shirts, mugs, etc. http://whiterabbitradio.net/goods

• Gregor Rabbit
      Posted November 26, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure I believe in “helping”. I want value in return, of some sort, when I “give”.

And I get it, in spades, from White Rabbit Radio.

I don’t “give” them $$ or “help” Horus, I subscribe to what Horus calls “Endgame Exotica”, a $9.95/mo. subscription to a series of weekly “shows” which make it breathtakingly easy to ignore the MSM. Horus gives “the news” that is important to White Rabbits in a few easy carrot-flavored bites, along with a heck of a lot of fun entertaining stuff.

His last broadcast, “black friday”, was called “Around the World with Hitler”. I don’t know where else you can find that kind of rollicking fun that only White Rabbits can really get a kick out of.

Kill your TV. Kill your AM radio. All Aboard for the real media for Whites. It’s not something for “the future, when we ‘win’.” … it’s happening RIGHT NOW if you know where to look.

• Greg P.
        Posted December 1, 2012 at 2:42 am | Permalink

That’s mighty White of you, Gregor Rabbit. If only all pro-whites would adopt the same mentality.

Look, I know what you’re trying to get at, anyone who has listened to Horus’s spiel on money and White Nationalism would. But Counter-Currents is different. Much of C-C’s readership is made up of dedicated individuals who are highly motivated to stop white genocide and create a future for white children. I could be wrong, but I think most of the regular C-C readers would be more attracted to helping and supporting their white brothers and sisters who are actively fighting against our genocide than they would be being patronized, or treated like the average lemming without substantial character.

Horus’s point is very valid and many would do well to emulate it, but it is not the correct approach across the board or in all contexts.

Besides, this article is dealing with Christmas and the “Christmas spirit” of giving. If there was anyplace and anytime to use such terminology, this was certainly it.

While your point is valid in most contexts and is a good thing to promote to many involved in pro-white activism, I hope you don’t really believe that you should always receive something of value in return for “giving,” especially when it comes to those fighting against our race’s genocide. I would hope the satisfaction of knowing you did something right, you did something to help a racially conscious white brother or sister would be enough. Although we can’t count on most other white people to act this way, I hope we can do our best to promote and idolize this selfless behavior within the racially conscious minority, while simultaneously being realistic, balancing our policies between the two.

My hesitancy in how Horus said what he did about money was precisely that other pro-whites would misunderstand it to be an ideal instead of an unfortunate truth. That it should be adopted personally instead of applied when necessary. Adopting that behavior personally resembles psychopathology too much for my taste. I think it sends the wrong message to our people.

17. Gregor
    Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

I wish you had an edit feature here. I now realize that Greg didn’t say “Holiday Season”, but got tripped up on “Holiday Shopping”, and decided to “vent”.

But the point still stands. Why are White Northern European folk still stuck in the mindset of a “religion” that is based on a Levantine Sand Demon, and not showing some respect for their OWN deep traditions, those which preceded it for thousands of years.

Those Gothic Cathedrals look like temples in a forest, with high-reaching vaults and spires. The SPIRIT that inspired them was from US, from our Folk, not from something originating in the Levant.

Greg, during this Yuletide, why not publish an essay on this topic by one of our great spiritual leaders, like Steve McNallen, or perhaps something from Colin Cleary? Why are we always dragged back into the default thinking about this time of the year being “Christian”? At least give us the option of thinking about this in terms of OUR OWN native spiritual traditions.

Thanks for your patience, dammit.

18. Nick
    Posted November 26, 2012 at 7:55 am | Permalink

A bit crudely executed (pica text, large typing page format, and mostly hand illustrated in black and white) but seemingly comprehensive is Alain de Benoist’s early book:

“Les Traditions d’Europe”

Although it is available only in French, the drawings are fairly self-explanatory. It does contains an important section on the Midwinter/Yuletide traditions of our European ancestors. It seems a good place to start a younger child in understanding such seasonal traditions outside the usual Abrahamic, monotheistic noise.

• Gregor Rabbit
      Posted November 26, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Thanks Nick. Is this available in an English translation? Does/will C-C stock this book?

Books which are “critical” and about the nature of our “problem” are all fine and well, but we do need access to more media items which can be inserted in our young peoples’ minds BEFORE said minds are placed before Public Ed. and TV. Your suggested book might just be one such item.

I hope the C-C leadership is listening. This kind of thing could produce more cash for your enterprise than any books about “the Jews” or “Hitler”, or even “White Nationalism”, whatever THAT is …

Posted November 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

I believe that Inner Traditions is bringing out a translation of this book.

19. Jaego
    Posted November 26, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Just went to Wikipedia to find out what Kinism is since they refuse or are unable to define it themselves. The brief article was also vague: separatism, racism, Old South, League of the South, etc. Still don’t know if they think non Whites can be Christians or not or how it differs from Identity. I sense that there are probably different schools making it difficult to sum up.

It would be nice if they would try however, rather than having to go to Wikipedia. People here know about Identity since the Identity people have been involved in the struggle for a long time – Aryan Nations, Pastor Robert Miles etc. And they are also featured in the Northwest Novels. But has Kinism been involved? Was it the de facto philosophy of the KKK – even if under another name? A long letter would be good – an article written for Counter Currents even better.

• Classic Sparkle
      Posted November 27, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Dude…

It’s very well outlined at Spirit Water Blood and Kinism.net. It really sorta grew as a continuation of Rushdoony’s thought. I would encourage you to read “The Real Rush” as I like to call him. This is a very erudite group of folks that write the material and it is dense and not easy. Also very philosophical. Other than me, they are all very smart dudes.

I’ve contributed to the journal at Kinism.net

Here is a link to my piece: http://www.kinism.net/publications/tkr_summer_2010.pdf

My contribution starts at page 25.

Mostly though, it has been hashed out in flame wars on the net with egalitarian Christians upset by its still embryonic growth as a “sect” and distraught by its incipiency. Some big names have weighed in with the egalitarians and actually increased the pace of Kinist growth (or resurgence depending on what Christian tradition one was a part of initially).

Nobody is avoiding defining it. It’s just a really lengthy topic.

• Jaego
        Posted November 28, 2012 at 1:42 am | Permalink

Thanks for providing a place to start. I read a bit of Rushdoony and was very impressed. I stumbled into a Calvinist Convention at the Park Plaza Hotel – I had just come looking to use the bathroom. The people were incredibly nice and wholesome. One women told me she was fighting a personal problem with “titanism”. Titanism? I responded. She laughed. But I did see a few Blacks there and I believe I saw a critique of Racialism in some of the literature I picked up – can’t remember if it was from Rushdoony.

• Classic Sparkle
        Posted November 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

No prob.

Highly recommend the articles by John Marshall at Kinism.net. Excellent.

20. Fourmyle of Ceres
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 2:13 am | Permalink

One excellent gift for this Season – or ANY season – is to gift counter-currents with cold, hard cash.

Doing this regularly is almost as important as the amount involved.

Remember, for now, money does not just talk – it speaks with authority.

The authority is all the greater when it is centered on the work being done by counter-currents.

Do it today. Now would be an excellent time.

None better, in fact.

21. true
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

8. Patronize artists and craftsmen, not mass producers of plastic junk.

9. Keep your money in the racially conscious community.

If anyone would like to purchase some art, please contact Harold McNeill and check out his Facebook page.

The utter failure of New Right circles to support their own is evinced in the example of Harold McNeill, who– and this is common knowledge to anyone friends with him on FB– frequently faces eviction and struggles for his daily existence.

In the indie music scene there’s a marketing plan called “The Theory of 1000 Fans.” What it basically says is that if you want to make a comfortable living with your music, art, etc., you need to find 1000 dedicated fans willing to spend $100 a year on your products, netting the artist $100,000. Harold McNeill wouldn’t even need remotely near 1000 fans to survive–something more like “The Theory of Two Dozen Fans” would be enough to raise his income above poverty level, since the price of a painting is five to ten times more than the $100 a month sought for in the original plan.

If you don’t have enough money to pay for a painting upfront, I’m willing to venture that you could work out some kind of installment plan with the artist. Of course, there’s also the option of sending a monetary gift his way in appreciation for the use of his art on Counter-Currents and numerous other New Right outlets without expecting anything else in return.

• Video of the Day:

• Kindle Subscription

The Lightning and the Sun

The Wagnerian Drama

An eagle with a shield soaring upwards

A Life in the Political Wilderness