Christmas Special
Merry Christmas, Infidels!"/>

Christmas Special
Merry Christmas, Infidels!

1,405 words

German translation here

It was about twenty years ago when I first noticed that the greeting “Merry Christmas” was being replaced by the bland, neutral “Season’s Greetings” and “Happy Holidays.”

I asked a school teacher of my acquaintance, a benighted liberal who is an infallible barometer of the latest currents of political correctness, why this was happening. I was answered with another question: “If you were Jewish, wouldn’t you feel offended if someone wished you a Merry Christmas?” The tone communicated that this was self-evident, that we must avoid giving such offense at all costs, and that I was stupid for even asking. Obviously she had spent too much time talking down to students.

I thought to myself, “I would not be offended if a Jew wished me a Happy Hanukkah. That would be small-minded. So why should a Jew be offended if I wished him a Merry Christmas? What makes Jews different? Why do people cater to such small-mindedness?”

I also thought to myself, “Wouldn’t a pluralistic, liberal attitude imply many different holiday greetings, rather than one bland, characterless, homogeneous one?”

I also began to notice the proliferation of the abbreviation “X-mas,” even in greetings cards, store displays, and advertisements. Abbreviations are perfectly OK in hand-scrawled notes and emails. But they are gauche in more formal contexts, so I wondered what was driving this lapse in taste and style. Why are people literally “X”ing “Christ” out of “Christmas”? Is it merely another symptom of the secularization and commercialization of Christmas? But who is behind that trend? And is there some anti-Christian malice at work here?

Recently, there has been a proliferation of news stories about the destruction of Christmas in England and the US to cater to the tastes of anti-Christian minorities. For instance, in 2002 in Mobile, Alabama, the annual Christmas parade, celebrated since 1945, was to be renamed “The Jolly Holiday” parade. According to the organizers, “They said they wanted a name that was more inclusive, since the parade this year would include Hanukkah and Kwanzaa floats along with the usual Christmas fair [sic].”

Are we losing Christmas to pander to celebrators of Kwanzaa? The answer is no.

Kwanzaa is the ersatz African holiday invented in 1966 by an American Negro who goes by the name of Maulana Ron Karenga. Kwanzaa is supposed to be a Negro alternative to Christmas. It is a seven-day feast, celebrated from December 26 to January 1. Each day of Kwanzaa commemorates a different concept: unity (not diversity; unity is for them, diversity for us), self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith.

Up to this point, most people will give Kwanzaa a respectful hearing. But wait: To commemorate each day of Kwanzaa, a candle is lit in a seven-branch candelabrum called the “Kinara.” Now “Kinara” is supposed to sound like “Menorah,” but with a “k” for Kwanzaa. Get it? (I know, you thought that the Kinara was a rank in the Ku Klux Klan, somewhere between the Kleagle and the Kligrapp.) The Kinara reveals just how infantile, contrived, and derivative Kwanzaa really is. Even the most patronizing liberals roll their eyes.

But stupidity is no bar to advancement in today’s America, so Kwanzaa is slowly on the rise. In 1997 the US Post Office released a Kwanzaa stamp. Merchandisers see the potential for Kwanzaa profits, and so do politicians. Bill Clinton began issuing annual Kwanzaa proclamations, a practice continued by the “conservative” president George W. Bush.

But Kwanzaa is not destroying Christmas. Most Americans still have never heard of it, and no White American can think of it without embarrassment. Even White liberals probably prefer not to think of it at all, so it is not likely to be in the back of their minds when they wish you a hearty “Happy Holidays!” Besides, most Blacks who celebrate Kwanzaa probably celebrate Christmas too, so it is unlikely that they would bristle to the defense of Kwanzaa if wished a “Merry Christmas!”

No, it is the Jews who stole Christmas. Kwanzaa merely apes Hanukkah. Hanukkah is a minor Jewish holiday that celebrates, like most Jewish holidays, the massacre of tribal enemies. It is primarily in the US that Hanukkah has been promoted as a Jewish rival to Christmas.

The motives for this are unclear. One may be crypsis, the desire of some Jews to blend in among their host populations. Crypsis is certainly a motive in Reform Judaism. Reform synagogues have even adopted stained-glass windows and organ music to give the impression that Judaism is just another “Judeo-Christian” denomination.

Another motive may be rivalry: Jews recognize the appeal of Christmas, and want to keep their children busy doing something else during the Christmas season.

Malice probably also plays a role.

First, there is the resentment of the eternal outsider trying to make himself feel comfortable by breaking down the distinction between inside and outside. To do this, he has to efface the host culture’s defining symbols. A Jew feels outside when you say “Merry Christmas,” but he feels comfortable when you say “Happy Holidays.” Indeed, he feels pleased with this concrete token of his cultural and political power.

Then there is the particular resentment that Jews nurse toward Christianity. There are at least three reasons for this. First, Jesus was an apostate Jew, and nobody likes an apostate. Second, Jesus rejected Judaism for its tribalism, inhumanity, and intellectual dishonesty, and the truth hurts, so Jews hate Jesus as a bearer of bad news. Third, although today Islam is the religion most resistant to Jews and Christianity the most embarrassingly apologetic and subservient, this has been the case primarily since the foundation of the state of Israel. Before that, Jews lived securely in Muslim lands while they were being expelled from virtually every Christian country in Europe. Chapter 5 of Israel Shahak’s Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years (Pluto Middle Eastern Studies) contains an eye-opening discussion of Jewish attitudes toward non-Jews, including a comparison of Jewish attitudes towards Christians and Muslims.

Jew Philip Roth is the author of dreadful novels that are nonetheless extremely revealing of the operations of the Jewish mind. In Operation Shylock: A Confession, he gloats, “God gave Moses the Ten Commandments and then he gave Irving Berlin ‘Easter Parade’ and ‘White Christmas,” the two holidays that celebrate the divinity of Christ — and what does Irving Berlin do? He de-Christs them both! Easter turns into a fashion show and Christmas into a holiday about snow.”

So how do we take back Christmas? First, let me say something about my motives. I was raised a Christian, but it never took. I would prefer to keep Christianity out of politics, and I would hate to live in an intolerant Christian society. Frankly, I wish that our ancestors had held onto their old pagan religions. Indeed, Christmas incorporates many old European pagan elements, but note that multiculturalists make no attempt to cater to the celebrants of Yule, Saturnalia, and the birthday of Mithras. Nothing White is promoted by the multiculturalists.

But, still, I like Christmas a lot. When the days grow short and the weather gets bad, it is nice to create an environment of cheer and good will. At bottom, my objection is not religious, but cultural. I hate to see the homogenizing, secularizing, leveling forces of modernity at work, even on a religion that I do not profess.

So what is to be done? First, although Jews are the driving force behind the destruction of Christmas, they are a tiny minority, unlovable and unloved, and all the pushiness in the world would not have triumphed if Whites were not such pushovers. Second, the Mobile “Jolly Holiday Parade” incident is instructive. The gentiles pushed back: “citing e-mail and telephone threats from residents opposed to a parade without the word Christmas in its title . . . Mobile Christmas Parade Inc. . . . announced there would be no parade this year. . . . Three hours later, volunteers with Main Street Mobile, a city-staffed organization formed to promote downtown, announced that a parade will roll . . . . It will be called the Mobile Christmas Holiday Parade.”

This year, I have been pushing back in a subtle but steady way. Every chance I get, I wish people a “Merry Christmas,” most pointedly when I am wished “Happy Holidays.” I have even been wishing a “Merry Christmas” to the atheists and Odinists I know.

So, with that long preface in mind: from one infidel to another, “Merry Christmas!”

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Vafþrúðnir
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 12:16 am | Permalink

I love it. Being pagan, some of the ignorance surrounding the origins of Christmas still annoys and perturbs me, but I understand the cultural significance and refuse to allow multicultural idioms to undermine this society.

2. Jaego
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Merry Christmas. I’m reading Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol”. He is an inexhaustable source for the important yet humble Western Values that came in with Christianity. Your approach is that of the Spirit of Christmas Past – the jovial Spirit of joy bedecked with Holly. Fine indeed, we need it. But all Three Spirits are needed. After all, Scrooge is everyman in Capitalist Society. And the moral reckoning provided by the Spirits of Past, Present, and Future could do us all good.

We are so stuck in the stilted present, the physical here and now devoid of vision. As Blake said, “God us keep, from single vision and Newton’s sleep”. To atain the Present beyond all Time, we must first have access to the three divisions of Time, but as individuals, seekers, and even as a People.

3. Sean
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Great article, as always. I think, no matter how minor, this is a winnable battle. It seems like I’m seeing a lot more “Merry Christmas” and a lot less “Season’s Greetings” this year, compared to a few years ago when the multicultural campaign was really in full force. Even most of the run-of-the-mill Jews I run into have cheerfully said Merry Christmas. Unfortunately, those who have the ears of those in power are quite a bit less accommodating.

4. Lew
    Posted December 22, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

I make a point of never saying anything but Merry Christmas. Living in the South, I find Blacks and culturally conservative White folks consistently use merry Christmas. Liberal Whites are the worst. Yesterday, I wished a lady merry Christmas in Whole Foods (grocery store chain that draws a disproportionate number of lefties). She looked at me like she wasn’t entirely sure what I said. Honestly, I feel more cultural affinity with blacks who use Merry Christmas without thinking about it than with white liberals. After six straight days of arguing gun control with white liberals, I’ve concluded they’re beyond reason. It doesn’t matter that they’re somewhat right on economics, the environment and other issues. They will never come around en masse on race or preserving Western civilization. The sheer viciousness and dishonesty of their attacks on gun owners, who have temporarily displaced evangelicals as America’s most despised group other than WNists, has been breathtaking. They are deranged, vicious, small minded people.

5. Posted December 23, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

“XMas’ is not necessarily the same as striking out ‘Christ’ from Christmas.

Most early Christian texts were written in Greek. The Greek the letters ‘chi” & ‘rho’ superimposed on one another became a christogram, signifiying ‘Christ much as a cross or crucifix would also come to be symbols of Jesus.

The X in the word XMas is literally the approximation of the “chi-rho” christogram as rendered in the Roman alphabet.

6. Posted December 23, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Merry Christmas to all! Ah, it feels great to stroll the pages of Counter-Currents when we Christians have our feast. Merry Christmas, and death to Happy Holidays!

7. Posted December 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Interestingly – and I have no time for the Religion of Peace – I get lots of Christmas greetings from my Muslim friends every year. I never get any of the lousy alternatives.

8. John
    Posted December 25, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Regardless of your faith, if you want to be around a massive number of relatively healthy people, 100% or at least 99.9999% white and non-Jewish, their minds temporarily fixed upon something spiritual, including plenty of beautiful white kids to boot – then go to a Christmas service at one of the contemporary protestant megachurches. It is inspiring from a pro-white perspective. Much more inspiring than a few childless odinists with asbergers or some other personality disorder pretending to worship the old gods.

Posted December 25, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

The author of this comment is someone I know to be a Jew and a troll who has been banned from commenting here under another name. I am approving this post because it is an excellent example of how Jewish trolls work: they impersonate whites and make divisive and invidious comparisons between white nationalist subgroups in order to foment discord within our movement.

One Trackback

• Video of the Day:

• Kindle Subscription

The Lightning and the Sun

The Wagnerian Drama

An eagle with a shield soaring upwards

A Life in the Political Wilderness