Vox Day Interviews Greg Johnson on the Alt Right

microphone101:47 / 334 words

To listen in a player, click here.

To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save target or link as.”

To subscribe to our podcasts, click here for iTunes and here for RSS.

Vox Day invited me to join him in one of his Brainstorm sessions to discuss the Alternative Right. This is the recording. The Brainstorm format involves taking questions from the audience as well as from one another. It was a highly enjoyable conversation, and I want to thank Vox and his listeners for making it possible. Topics discussed include:

• Reasons to oppose race-mixing, in answer to a question that made specific reference to Richard Spencer’s views in his Alt Right press conference
  • Vox’s racial identity and how it impacts his views of ethnic and racial nationalism
  • The African population bomb
  • The Alt Right and White Nationalism (“The Alt Right is White Nationalism . . . or Nothing at All” and “Trump, Hillary, and the Alt Right“)
  • The original Alternative Right webzine
  • How Vox, Mike Cernovich, and Milo became associated with the Alt Right label
  • The Milo question (“Alt Right vs. Alt Wrong“)
  • Allies, enemies, and neutrals
  • Andrew Anglin’s anti-Milo fatwa
  • Opportunities vs. threats
  • Vox on the Alt-White vs. the Alt-West
  • How ethnonationalism is for all nations
  • How ethnonationalism is an application of a broader principle of preserving biodiversity
  • Ethnic nationalism vs. racial nationalism (“Why ‘White’ Nationalism?“)
  • Heidegger on ethnic nationalism vs. biological race
  • How biological race thinking can undermine ethnic nationalism
  • The white American ethnic identity is not just generic blended whiteness
  • Ethnonationalism vs. pan-Europeanism and globalization
  • Religion and the Alt Right (“Christianity and European Identity“)
  • The Jewish question and Zionism (“White Nationalism and Jewish Nationalism,” Review of Yoav Shamir’s Defamation)
  • The concepts of the New Right and hegemony (“New Right vs. Old Right” and “Hegemony“)
  • The ethnonationalist critique of imperialism
  • The Turner Diaries
  • Hungary
  • The demographics of the Alt Right
  • Secessionist nationalist movements in Europe
  • The necessity and dangers of fundraising
  • Why Donald Trump needs to become the next US President

1. Dr ExCathedra
    Posted October 2, 2016 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

It took me three tries to listen through the whole thing.

Having a hard time putting my finger on why it was either not-gripping or even offputting.

When I listen to or read Greg Johnson, I don’t feel as if I have to second-guess or wonder what he’s really saying. Agree or not, he’s clear and quite consistent. Something about VoxDay, whom I find to be very smart and refreshingly blunt in print, makes me think…well, it’s odd…that he doesn’t even know for sure what the different parts of his brain think. So I don’t know what to make of what he says. Or if he does.

If you pin him down, he will say that you can’t be in favor of saving The West without the foundational presence of Whites. No Whites, no West. Perfectly obvious.

And although that’s absolutely necessary, it’s not sufficient. Also true. For example, a White West dominated by White Liberals, as now, is simply on the road to extinction. You need a glue and a motor, a common sacred culture and a driving motive, in order for the Irreplaceable Whites to flourish.

Vox thinks it’s Christianity. I have long history with and great respect for historic Christianity, but nothing I see makes me think it has the capacity to cast off its current and virtually complete Babylonian Captivity to Liberal Egalitarianism and roar back as a spiritual energy for the West. For me, the Churches’ ancient enemy, the Enlightenment in its weird post-WWII form, has vanquished it. Very sadly, and in stark contrast to the great majority of its history, it is not longer the backbone of Europeans but a globalist accomplice.

Part of it is Vox’s regular reference to his supposed tri-racial background. He uses it to his advantage but then, in the interview, he sounded as if it meant little to him. Something not clear in a man who prides himself on being clear and blunt. Made me uncomfortable about the whole conversation.

And unsure if even my comments here are making sense. Feels like voodoo.

• Johan Persson
      Posted October 6, 2016 at 3:27 am | Permalink

I agree with much of what you say and Vox Day, as you mention, is an intellectually very sharp man. Though I like listening to what he has to say but I don’t care that he’s biracial (or triraciial as he likes to say, though as far as I know he is only european and amerindian) but it’s a bit annoying that he mentions it in every podcast? (Haven’t listened to this one yet.) Does he feel it’s a way of excusing himself? Is it a way to calm/fool his counscience that he isn’t an “evil white racist”? Is it just so very hard for his generation to be white nationalists that only a few can be it without squirming in some way?

2. Posted October 1, 2016 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

How do you feel about Vox now that he has basically openly declared war on a huge percentage of the Alt-Right, and plans on hijacking the term and then purging it of those he finds too extreme?

He’s attacking Anglin, though Anglin has never attacked him (presumably this is just in defense of Milo?). He claims he has been attacked first but doesn’t say by who. I’m assuming twitter trolls? Well there’s always going to be a few twitter trolls, or people on forums, who attack people, so why doesn’t he just ignore them?

Again, while Milo is being accused of trying to steal the Alt-Right brand because of his recent statements and actions, Vox is openly threatening to steal the brand from us. See here:

His targets include who he calls “swastika panties,” TRS, DS, “1488ers,” etc. In other words, White Nationalists. “Alt-Retard” is his term for the whole lot.

The Alt-Right will be “replaced,” Vox claims:

Replaced by what? What will be the new criteria? Are you OK with this, Greg? What the hell is going on here? There are many other troubling remarks from Vox in the last few days, but I’m not going to dig them up right now.

And I liked Vox too. He never used to counter-signal White Nationalism and wrote some decent books, but now that he has openly come out as subversive to our cause, I think I’ll take him at his word.

Posted October 1, 2016 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Sorry, but this just sounds like paranoid fantasy and hysteria.

• Posted October 1, 2016 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Whatever man. I don’t really care about this guy, but those are his statements, not mine.

3. Posted October 1, 2016 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I’m very open minded about my politics nowadays. Anyone who hates the SJW’s and the Globalists is my friend, or at least someone who I can get along with.

4. John Baum III
    Posted October 1, 2016 at 10:39 am | Permalink

I think you underestimate the prevalence of “American style” white nationalism in Europe, at least in middle and eastern Europe.

That mostly seems true for younger people, <35, who grew up in the EU, and don't actually care that much about borders between white countries (for good or ill, besides the point). They do resent (((globalism))), but for us, the "other" begins in the middle east and africa, not at the border between Poland and Germany.

This often leaves our opponents dumbfounded, because as "Nazis" (because that is what every right winger obviously must be) we are supposed to hate Poles, or something.

5. Just Sayin'
    Posted September 30, 2016 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

This guy speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Hostile to and dismissive of the Alt-Right on his website / comments, and believes fascists can’t be part of the Alt-Right.

6. NeoApollo
    Posted September 30, 2016 at 11:06 am | Permalink

I’m glad that this interview was done. The alt-right right now has too few allies and demonizing people that are fellow travelers does nothing for the movement. I’m saying this as a young guy that was brought to the movement about a year ago because of someone like milo, and yes he’s one of (((them))), but he’s the reason I even know what (((they))) do. The best thing the alt right can do right now is to let people like him, vox, and Stefan, bring people here and stop talking shit about them. As soon as people get here let them know Milo’s ideas are NOT alt-right and that counter-currents is. I’m a millennial and I was raised on diversity crap, if the alt-right continues to scare new kids like this away by being too strong up front the movement will cease to exist. Keep the memes going, keep the truth going and keep demonizing the real enemy that people of all ages can get into (globalists, leftists, cultural/economic Marxist) and let them know how liberalism has failed. I’m saying this partly in response to the recent Fash the Nation where there was wayyy too much focus on how a cross dressing faggot is a big annoyance. Leaders of the movement, yes I’m talking to you Greg Johnson and TRS, quit whining about a stupid Amy winehouse wannabe and keep us all focused on the ball. Quit writing things about some weird internal caste system and keep us all united. Yes white nationalism is the core but don’t get so puritanical with the ideas that it will disenfranchise the youth. They want something to believe in and follow, not somebody else telling them they’re not doing it right. I know I’m one of them. We get enough of that from the left. I’m writing this out of respect for the new right, I want it to continue. The only way to get it to keep growing though is by staying fun and intellectual, and far fewer come into the movement as 1488’ers than as regular guys tired of hearing how they should feel guilty because they are white. Remember the end goal is taking over the GOP and then the whole culture. Stay focused fellow goyim there will be plenty of time later to purge fags and freaks.

• Jarl Nicholl
      Posted September 30, 2016 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

I would say hat tolerance should be extended up to the point at which the (((ally))) attacks the core positions of the movement while attempting to pillage the latter’s cultural capital. Molyneux, fine. Milo, not fine.

• NeoApollo
        Posted September 30, 2016 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Agreed, as soon as he morally condemns the movement it is over. but when has he attacked it in this way? His recent thing about how to destroy the alt right was a farce and there are bigger enemies at the moment. All I’m saying is it is a legitimate platform to red pill young people like me and I hope that leaders in the movement would focus more on its growth than who’s more alt-right than who.

• NeoApollo
        Posted September 30, 2016 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

With that in mind though I pretty much went straight from molyneux to Jared Taylor so idk

• German Warrior
      Posted October 1, 2016 at 12:33 am | Permalink

The meteoric rise of alt-right is proof that current setup is good. Its perfect in my opinion. Movement will need to go more hardline when time is right. “Refugee” invasion is perfect to swell our ranks. Economic depression which I believe is inevitable will be perfect for movement to become more hardline.

I dont worry for white people to enter our camp because when person is confronted with lie like multiculturalism and truth like race realism over 90% people will recognize the truth. Anti-racism, diversity, tolerance, etc are such blatant lies that go against every law of nature and our natural instincts that even after long years of indoctrination it takes only little exposure to truth to debunk the lies.

Thanks to internet alt-right is live hive mind or super brain with superior morals, ideas, culture. Good ideas get adopted and incorporated into alt-right and everything bad is discarded. Therefore we can literally do no wrong. Furthermore when I look at geopolitical situation and global economy, the future is perfectly set for us. Our borg like system is going to consume Jew World Order and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

Because of the way alt-right is organized Milo in impotent. Alt-right didnt attack him (atleast not most of it), it has simply exposed him for what he really is. I think he is very beneficial to alt-right because he is perfect showcase how Jews operate to co-opt, subvert and subjugate whites.

7. Callowman
    Posted September 30, 2016 at 2:56 am | Permalink

Is the Heidegger talk online anywhere? I didn’t have a chance to grab it before TRS’s Soundcloud account was pulled.

Posted September 30, 2016 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Not yet. I had to deliver a radically abridged version. When I have chance to write it up as an essay, I will put it online.

• EXSURGO Apparel