Counter-Currents Receives Matching Grant Offer
About that Thermometer . . .

When Karl Marx sat down to write Das Kapital, he said that he should have it wrapped up in six weeks. It took him the rest of his life, and he still did not finish it.

This thought steals across my mind from time to time when I look at our fundraising thermometer. We launched the fundraiser on June 11, our one year anniversary, with the goal of raising $25,000. “I should have this wrapped up in six weeks,” I thought to myself.

Then, a couple of months later, I quietly changed it to our “Summer” fundraiser, to draw things out a bit. After all, in Summer, all thermometers rise.

Well, Fall has arrived, the temperature outside is dropping, and our thermometer is stuck just below the half-way mark.

I want to thank everyone who has given to get us that far. You are the vanguardists. You went first. I would like to ask other people to come forward to get us the rest of the way.

Enter a mysterious benefactor. (Those are his exact words: “mysterious benefactor.”) He has offered us a matching grant of $6,000 to get us to our goal. This means that he will match all donations made between now and the end of the month, up to $6,000.

To be precise, he will match donations that are actually made before the end of the month. We cannot ask him to match pledges of monthly support, which can go on indefinitely — or be cut off after a couple of months. But if you sign up for a monthly payment program, your first month’s payment will be matched. (You can sign up at our donate page.)

I know you have been thinking of making a donation. Well if you do it before the end of the month, it will be matched, up to $6,000. Just click here to get started.

Perhaps you have hesitated to donate because you felt that your contribution would be too small to count, just a drop in the bucket. Well know it is doubled, two drops in the bucket. But do give something. Because double of nothing is still nothing.

Perhaps you have hesitated to make a large gift because our goal would still be too far off. Well now you can make two great strides rather than just one.

But when Halloween arrives, the Great Pumpkin will rise from the pumpkin patch and bring his offer, and our fundraiser, to a close.

Until then, I plan to do my best imitation of a PBS telethon. But I am a hopeless amateur at this, so those readers with more experience with such matters–or great ideas, regardless of experience–please chime in and help me out.

In fact, if you can craft I clever fundraising appeal for CC, please send it to me, and I will publish it. (In every telethon, the host passes the microphone to other people from time to time.)

Thank you, mysterious benefactor, thank you, loyal readers, for your generous support.

Editor

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Jeff
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 6:13 am | Permalink

Why does the fund-raiser have too end in the month of October? Why not let it run until December 31? On January 1st, 2012 you could start another fund-raiser and let it run all year! You know moneys tight!

2. Maximilan Alexander
    Posted October 8, 2011 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Until Oct. 31st? I can at least scrounge up $25 thus making it $50. I posted this to be held accountable.

Posted October 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Thanks. I received your donation.

• Sandy
      Posted October 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

You guys; You make it sound as if $25 is not a lot of money. It is not only a lot of money but if 100 concerned readers sent in $25 why that would be $2,500 and if 1,000 “NANRists” sent in $25 why that would be $25,000. Or if 25,000 “NANRists” sent in a dollar each that would also be $25,000. Never underestimate the value of small donations. The very rich make serious money on fractions of a penny multiplied many times over. It’s true, united we stand divided we fall.

3. Greg Johnson
    Posted October 8, 2011 at 12:50 am | Permalink

I guess it is a case of like attracting like!

Posted October 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Well that makes us happy too.