The Counter-Currents 2013 Summer Fundraiser
The Counter-Currents Amazon.com Affiliates Program

howlin683 words

Since our last update, we have received thirteen new donations totaling $1,391. Our total so far is $17,427.50. Our goal is to raise $50,000 by October 31, so we are $32,592.50 away from our goal. Again, I want to thank all of our donors for their generous support.

* * *

In addition to supporting our seasonal fundraising drives, there is a way for you to help Counter-Currents year ’round: our Amazon.com Affiliate program.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could choose where your sales taxes go? Well, Amazon.com’s Affiliate Program allows you to earmark 7% or more of your Amazon purchases to Counter-Currents at no additional cost to you. That is about the average sales tax that Americans pay.

It’s simple: just enter Amazon.com from Counter-Currents, and we will receive a cut of anything you buy during that visit at no additional cost to you. That’s anything you buy, from books to DVDs to diapers.

There are two ways to enter Amazon.com from Counter-Currents. First, you can simply click any highlighted title of any book, CD, or DVD that appears on our site, and if it is available on Amazon.com, you will go directly there. Second, you can click the Amazon.com link on the right-hand navigation bar just below our Video of the Day.

But you don’t even have to come to Counter-Currents first to use our Amazon Affiliate link. Just click one of the following links, then bookmark it in your browser. Click that link whenever you want to visit Amazon.com. You can literally do it in a few seconds, and Counter-Currents will reap dividends as long as you buy at Amazon.com.

We also have a new link to the front page of the Amazon US store (as opposed to the Education and Reference page, where people used to land).

Simply click the links above and bookmark the page, then any time you go to Amazon to shop, Counter-Currents will receive a cut just for referring you.

Remember: You don’t even need to visit Counter-Currents before going to Amazon if you simply bookmark the links above in your browser.

Earlier this year, I was shocked to discover that one of Counter-Currents’ largest and most enthusiastic donors was not using our Amazon.com links. He meant to, he said, but usually he forgot. It turned out that he had a bookmark on his computer that took him to Amazon. When I explained that he could replace that bookmark with our affiliate link with just a few clicks of the mouse, so he never had to think about it again, he did so. The next month, our income went up 30%, which I attribute in large part to that single reader who does a lot of shopping at Amazon.

There are two lessons here:

1. Even a single reader can make a huge difference for Counter-Currents by using our Amazon Affiliate links, and

2. If you bookmark our affiliate link you never have to think about it again. But we will be grateful to all our anonymous benefactors every single month.

* * *

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming: You can make two different types of donations:

• First, you can make is a single donation of any size.
  • Second, you can make a recurring donation of any size.

Recurring donations are particularly helpful, since they allow us better to predict and plan for the future. We have added several new levels for recurring donations. Please visit our Donations page for more information.

We can also customize the amount of a monthly donation.

There are several ways to make one-time donations:

• The easiest is through Paypal. For a one-time donation, just use the following button:
  • You can send check, money order, or credit card payment by mail. Just print out our donation form in Word or PDF.
  • You can make a secure credit card donation direct from our Donation page.

Please give generously!

Thank you for your loyal readership and support.

Editor-in-Chief
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.

Related

This entry was posted in news item and tagged , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted September 8, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

I have ordered from Amazon via Counter-Currents. One thing I wondered about – nothing on my invoice from Amazon indicates the Counter – Currents connection. Is there anywhere you can look to know that one’s order has gone through Counter-Currents?

Posted September 9, 2013 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Amazon would not indicate anything about affiliate links on their receipts. Amazon does give me a report of what is purchased through our site, but to protect the privacy of purchasers, they of course do not tell us who bought what. Contact me by email with the name of a product, and I will see if it comes up in the report of purchases.

2. Greg P.
    Posted September 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Hmm, I wonder is there an easy way to set this up for mobile amazon shopping? I suppose you could add the bookmark to your mobile browser, but in my experience most people just type it in, or use the amazon app. I always use the C-C link unless I am at the store or on the go and order something on my phone.

There’s got to be an easy way to do this… does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted September 7, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Actually, Amazon just sent me an email about changes to their program to deal with mobile apps. I will have to look into this.

3. Reisender
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

If I may ask, how much do you make off of this per month, roughly?

I do all my amazon shopping through this program, but I only spend maybe 30 bucks a month on there, on average. Then again, I reckon if you can get 10k readers to do the same, that should net more than enough to keep C-C afloat.

Posted September 6, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Generally around $500/month. The best month broke $700. That amount covers a good chunk of my monthly expenses, though. Furthermore, although there is no way I can really confirm this, my suspicion is that only a small number of regular readers are bookmarking the links. I think the potential for growth is tremendous.

• reiner arischer Tor
        Posted September 7, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I personally do bookmark, but these days I spend much less than say half a year ago (when I bought multiple recordings of the Ring, etc.), now that my classical collection is closer to the minimum I planned to have when I got into classical music a couple of years ago. I started bookmarking after you created the European affiliates.

A recurring contribution seems to be a better way.

Posted September 7, 2013 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Thanks for everything you do. Of course, one can do both a recurring contribution and the Amazon link, since the latter costs you nothing but a few clicks to set it up.

Siege