Since our last update, we have received fourteen new donations totaling $2,840. That means that our total so far is $37,919.29. Our goal is to raise $50,000 by October 31, so we are $12,080.71 away from our goal. It sounds like a lot, but the day is not over yet, and the Great Pumpkin can work wonders.
Again, I want to thank all of our donors for their generous support.
A reader asks why our Summer Fundraiser ends on Halloween, rather than on the Autumnal Equinox. Aside from the pragmatic reason that Halloween gives us more time to reach our goal, Hugh MacDonald points out  that in Celtic pagan rites, October 31st is the end of the season of light/summer/the harvest. These Celtic rites were later fused with the rites of Roman festivals of Pomona, Lemuria, and Parentalia, and the Christian rites of the evening before All Soul’s Day to create our modern Halloween. So ending our fundraiser on Halloween is not only practical it is also traditional. We hope it is also fun.
* * *
To help Counter-Currents, you can make two different types of donations:
- First, you can make is a single donation of any size.
- Second, you can make a recurring donation of any size.
Recurring donations are particularly helpful, since they allow us better to predict and plan for the future. We have added several new levels for recurring donations. Please visit our Donations  page for more information.
We can also customize the amount of a monthly donation.
There are several ways to make one-time donations:
- The easiest is through Paypal. For a one-time donation, just use the following button:
- You can send check, money order, or credit card payment by mail. Just print out our donation form in Word  or PDF .
- You can make a secure credit card donation direct from our Donation  page.
Please give generously!
Thank you for your loyal readership and support.
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.