Why I Support Mike Enoch

1,626 words

I met Mike Enoch in December of 2014 at an NRx gathering in Manhattan. I instantly recognized his voice and struck up a conversation. He gave me his normie email address, and later that evening, on the long Metro North ride back to Westchester County, I did a Google search on his name and put together a pretty full picture of his life, including his wife’s Jewish surname. I leaned back on the uncomfortable bench, closed my eyes, and thought, “I wonder how long this star will streak across the firmament before burning out.”

I had just discovered The Daily Shoah and The Right Stuff the month before, on the recommendation of Charles Krafft, but I was already a big fan. I believed that their combination of satire and serious analysis could reach a large audience, and since the Death Panel consisted of ex-Libertarians who were evolving in the direction of racial nationalism – and bringing their audience along with them – I believed the Shoah was performing a valuable educational function.

At the time, the Death Panel did not really identify as White Nationalists, but they were wise to race and the Jewish question, and given their trajectory, I knew it was only a matter of time. In February of 2015, Mike went to the American Renaissance conference and returned calling himself a White Nationalist.

Given Mike’s opsec practices, I knew that the information about his wife would eventually leak out, and I knew it would create problems. In 2015 he tightened his opsec considerably, but by then quite a few people knew.

When we met, Mike’s ideological views were still evolving. I expected, however, that his personal loyalties would prevent him from fully understanding the Jewish problem and concluding that whites and Jews need a racial divorce. But I was wrong about that. His personal attachments did not cloud his objectivity, but I wondered how he squared it with his marriage. I decided, however, not to ask. I would see if he would bring it up on his own.

We saw each other a number of times in 2015, and during a long train trip back from a pool party at Seventh Son’s, he brought the topic up. It was really his first opportunity to do so. It turns out that Mike told his trusted real world associates about his wife whenever he found an appropriate time and place. He did not hide the truth from his friends or deceive us in any way. I told him that his confidence was safe with me, and I kept it.

Did Mike owe this information to the rest of the world? No, he did not. He told everyone he trusted, and he kept it from those he didn’t know or didn’t trust. That’s as much openness as anyone can reasonably expect. I know some of his fans feel betrayed, but you don’t own a piece of him. Beyond that, chances are, you use pen names and keep your private life private. After all, this is a dissident movement. Our ideas make us targets. Thus we have the right to determine our own level of explicitness and involvement. And everyone else needs to respect those choices. That goes a hundredfold for people who are actually creating something important.

The truth about Mike’s marriage might not fit with many people’s image of him, but a lot of those images are false. The Daily Shoah is not a neo-Nazi podcast. It does not support a paranoid and conspiratorial view of the Jewish question. It mocks lies and sanctimony about the Holocaust, but it does not advocate genocide.

As an aside, given the large number of people who knew the truth about Mike’s marriage – including people from his libertarian days, some of whom had bitter fallings-out with him – I am not surprised that he was eventually doxed. The only surprise is that it took so long. I am not convinced that the dox comes from insiders at all. But if it did, then the fact that it has taken this long proves that, for all their faults, people in our milieu are much better than I suspected.

I am not going to violate the privacy of Mike and his wife. But, by way of correcting some false statements floating around, I will confirm four things. First, she is half-Jewish through her father. Second, she does not have a strong sense of Jewish identity and ethnocentrism. Third, she was aware of Mike’s work and supportive of it. Fourth, she works as a freelance photographer – not for B’nai Brith or the National Security Agency or a corporate diversity office or any of the other rumors, which are simply created by malevolent people out of whole cloth.

One more false statement floating around is that Mike is a Jew. I have no reason to believe that. I have seen no evidence for that claim, and I think that if he were, he would have leveled with me about that as well.

My position about Mike’s marriage, which I shared with Mike at the time, is the following. The main problem with Jews is not their genes, it is their culture. Yes, genetics shapes culture, but it does not determine it in every detail. The 613 commandments, for instance, are not inscribed in Jewish DNA. Jews, like other Near Eastern peoples, are genetically predisposed to be much more ethnocentric than Europeans, and this predisposition serves as a foundation for the Jewish live-and-let-die ethos. But this ethos is still a cultural rather than a genetic product. Thus the Jewish mentality can be transplanted even to Europeans – the Puritans, for instance – who lack Jewish genetics. And Near Eastern peoples who share Jewish levels of ethnocentrism but lack their misanthropic culture – Armenians, for instance – are far less hostile to Europeans.

Thus a partly Jewish woman with weak ethnocentrism and little connection to Jewish culture doesn’t really threaten me. She’s not exactly one of us, but not really one of them, either. She certainly could be the wife of one of our people. It might not be an ideal marriage. But if they had children, I would count them as white. (If you want to be fashier than Hitler, knock yourself out.) Of course hard cases like these do not in any way lessen the necessity of separating ourselves from the Jewish nation. And when we get to that point, we can make up our minds about the edge cases.

Beyond that, Mike married before he was red-pilled, such vows matter, and his wife was supportive of him. Frankly, under those circumstances, he would have been a monster to want to divorce her, and I said so.

The most important thing is that Mike’s marriage did not lead him to downplay the gravity of the Jewish problem and the necessity of separation. He told the truth, even if he might not end up in some versions of the white ethnostate.

I am glad that such “Alt Light” personalities as Gavin McInnes, Mike Cernovich, Milo Yiannopolous, and Paul Joseph Watson are arguing for civic nationalism and Trumpian populist ideas and against open borders, globalization, feminism, and political correctness. These positions fall short of White Nationalism, but they are better than mainstream conservatism. And since all these figures are either non-white, or whites married to non-whites, the positions they support are really as close to White Nationalism as they can go while remaining authentic to themselves.

Now, you might argue that Mike Enoch is being inauthentic or hypocritical by being married to a partly Jewish woman while taking a very hard line on the Jewish question, but frankly I applaud the fact that he thinks that truth is more important than authenticity; he thinks truth is more important than avoiding hypocrisy; he thinks truth is more important than his personal interests and comfort. I would much rather that he argue for White Nationalism, even if he might not qualify for the ethnostate, than for the Alt Light’s Right-wing form of multiculturalism. The message is more important than the man. Thus the message is also more important than his wife.

We White Nationalists have a deep understanding of the causes of our civilization’s decadence; we have a vision of a perfected white society; and we have a program for getting from here to there. But that does not alter the fact that we are all the products of the fallen world we wish to overthrow. Moreover, we are not immune to its corruptions. (If we were immune, that would undermine the necessity of changing them.)

Mike had a front row seat on America’s decline in his very own family. The Jews want to smash our families and mix our genes and loyalties to the point that we can never contemplate reversing our programmed march to extinction. But with Mike and so many others, these blended families and mixed children helped red-pill him. The true story of his life is far more inspiring than any of the shattered fantasies of disappointed fans.

As I put it in an article on Donald Trump: “What makes a man great? A man is not great because he is perfect. Great men often have enormous flaws, make catastrophic mistakes, and face overwhelming obstacles. A man is great if he can overcome his flaws, learn from his mistakes, and surmount obstacles.” The Right StuffThe Daily Shoah, and Mike Enoch have come to a crossroads. They can be bourgeoisie or Übermenschen. They can let this doxing crisis destroy them, or they can surmount it by facing it, owning it, overcoming it, and making it part of an inspiring story. This is an Übermensch moment, and I know that Mike and TRS will rise to the occasion. They have the right stuff, after all.

Related

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , , , , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Damian
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Greg I respect you but the one comment you posted is really baffling to me personally. You say, “She certainly could be the wife of one of our people. It might not be an ideal marriage. But if they had children, I would count them as white. (If you want to be fashier than Hitler, knock yourself out.)”

But then you say, “The Jews want to smash our families and mix our genes and loyalties to the point that we can never contemplate reversing our programmed march to extinction.”

If you really are a white nationalist, then why accept people who mixed with Jewish ancestry ? The Jews are not European, haven’t you read any genetic studies that confirm this ?(links below). What is the problem then with Biracial people just calling themselves European even though genetically they aren’t ? Culture is important but if we don’t take a hard stance on preserving European people as they are genetically we could easily lose. As for the Mike Enoch thing, I could care less. He got a divorce and did the right thing.

Study:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1274378/

• Damian
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I just wanted to elaborate on Mike Enoch a little more. I think the best portion of this essay was this: it really was his past sins that made him realize what he needed to do in terms of activism. And I honor him for that. If we are going to win this war against our race, we need to forgive and have open arms. As far as we know, he is a white person and we aren’t aware of any admixture from his genealogy. Forgiveness is key, we need to treat Mike like we would treat anyone who gives up a harmful lifestyle.

• Jon
      Posted January 19, 2017 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Stop being so gad-damned autistic, idiot. Anyone who isn’t a Scandanavian whose family is from outside of the major cities is likely to have some unwanted mixing somehwere in their line, let alone American mutts. Fucking autists are going to drag the entire movement down because they’re mentally incapable of flexible reasoning, while they type away, unmarried, likely many of them having worse genes than Enoch’s wife.

• Damian
        Posted January 25, 2017 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Saying someone is autistic for what the believe is not an argument. What is there to save if we can’t save white people as they are genetically (as well as culturally) ? Everytime I confront some people within the Alt-Right they just don’t have proper arguments against that idea (not all of course). If we allow recent admixture, I just don’t see why a biracial person can’t be considered white.

As for TRS, I never even hated Mike Cernovich. I don’t even hate him now. As a matter of fact, I liked that he came back to TRS.

2. Noel iganatiev
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I am part Choctaw, my wife is Vietnamese, and my son is half Vietnamese.

However, I consider myself a white nationalist. I don’t think there should be any Jews or nonwhites in Europe or Russia.

What is most important is that our people stand up for our tribe and we never cuck. As long as people stand up for white gentile interests, that is what is important.

If they go against white gentile interests, then they should be shunned and ostracized until they get back in order.

Jews operate the same way. They love you as long as you are doing their bidding.

That’s the precise track we need to take…..we support you as long as you do our bidding.

Like most, I didn’t start as a white nationalist. I started as a self hating white cuck….thank college for doing that. It took years for me to finally get it. It took years more to really see the JQ accurately. But, once you see it, you can’t unring that bell.

So, we will all have skeletons in our closet, but the most important part is that we always stand for what is in the interests of white Gentiles

• Origin
      Posted January 19, 2017 at 4:58 am | Permalink

So you are a Mestizo who is married to a Vietnamese woman, with a mixed raced child, and you are a white nationalist?

Do you have any interest in protecting your family? Because these people you are paling around with sure as shit don’t care about you or your family.

Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Do you want more or fewer people on our side. Apparently, you want fewer. How do we win? With more or fewer people on our side? Obviously, you are engaged in self-defeating behavior. Why? Probably, because you believe defeat is inevitable, and you want to engineer a “principled” defeat that makes you feel good about yourself.

• Graham Booth
          Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Quite so. And I would point out that Cesar Tort does not consider himself to be properly White, but he is a passionate fighter for White Nationalism.

• tripod
      Posted January 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

You missed other white countries like the U.S., Canada, Australia etc – you get the picture. There’s no way we are leaving all that magic dirt behind.

Other than that, thanks for being a fellow traveler.

• Kadphises
      Posted January 21, 2017 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

I agree. But I think people who have significant non-White genes or a non-White wife shouldn’t call themselves White Nationalists, but pro-White Nationalists. They are allies of White Nationalists, but they won’t be part of a White ethnostate in the strict sense.
      I’m European and ideally all European countries should become proper White ethnostates. But I think former colonies in the Anglosphere need to be more flexible in their goals and consider solutions like a federation of a homogenous White core state with autonomous regions for indigenous tribes and mixed populations (e.g. California as a state for Civic Nationalist Whites, pro-White Mestizos and non-Muslim Asians, New York plus the Black Belt for Civic Nationalist Whites, pro-White Afro-Americans, Jews & Muslims).

3. stephan_b
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Good article, very humane. I hope Mike continues to podcast and TRS goes from strength to strength.

On a different tack, it is a coincidence that not long before this trauma Reactionary Jew (RJ) was interviewed on Red Ice Radio. I thought this was a very important step and Red Ice are to be congratulated for conducting a civilized and illuminating interview. The people behind “The Jewish Alternative” web site seem entirely genuine and consistent in their objectives that ethno-nationalist members of the Jewish diaspora should support local White Nationalist groups and wherever possible they should strive to return to Israel to support the development of their own ethno-state along the Zionist lines they advocate. I think their position definitely is “live and let live” and “do no harm”. RJ’s most significant point, in my view, was that his tendency find liberal, globalising Jews to be as hostile and destructive as WNs do. His exposition of Jewish politics made it clear that “The Jewish Alternative” does not see Jews as a monolithic block who consciously or unconsciously follow simple precepts and that they are, in fact, deeply divided.

4. Captainchaos
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Pictures of Mike Enoch prove conclusively that he is a Jew. In light of that, the fact that his wife is also a Jew is really a side issue at best.

Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Just the kind of idiocy we all expect from you. This will be your last appearance here.

• ARTX
        Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

His last name, Russian Jew. His looks, Eastern European Jew. His wife, Jew. Add it up.

Posted January 18, 2017 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Peinovich is Serbian. Not Russian, much less “Russian Jew.” People who make up and or spread lies are unwelcome here. This is your first and last appearance.

• uh
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Good luck painting yourself into ever smaller corners out in Spokane.

5. R_Moreland
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Mike is like one of the guys.

Like when I was growing up in the old neighborhood and the guys would get together to put in a cement driveway for the family down the street. The standup guy you’d meet down at the union hall. The kind of guy who’d back you up in a fight, or share a pitcher of beer at the VFW bar. His East Coast accent, his wry humor, his passion when talking about really serious things–all these provide a sense of instant camaraderie.

I’ll also admit that his analytical skills (and those of the entire TRS crew) not only get one thinking about the continuing crisis, but also teach the discerning listener how to do that thinking. And we all get the point of TDS podcasts: what’s being attacked is not this or that racial demographic per se, but rather the taboos surrounding the public discourse. It’s like the Merry Pranksters or Monty Python reincarnated for the 2010s: Shaking up the Establishment v2.0.

So Mike, if you’re reading this, get back in front of the mike. There are people out in the trenches waiting for The Word.

6. ARE VALUES
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 10:00 am | Permalink

This is a rational and well thought out piece, Greg.

But I have an argument you have no defense for:

*Autistic Screaching*

Ha, checkmate!

Now a serious comment for those who see all this as war:

You are correct. It’s a war. But it’s 4th Generation War, not the Somme. There are not clear battle lines, especially in the U.S. where we’re all some type of mixture. The more stringent purity requirements you put up (and the more autistic you get with it) the more atomized you will be. That’s not what you want in 4GW.

The un-ironic Hitler larpers may have the purist, highest quality movement possible. But it will be 4 dudes trapped in a sea of enemies. But really, it won’t even end up as 4 dudes because 3 of them will call the 4th a shill and they’ll all eventually rage-quit their happening bunker.

Grow up, people.

• Just Sayin'
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

But it’s a war where the objective is separation.

If we can’t separate now, in internet safe spaces where we have the power to control access, how will we separate in the real world, which is much messier?

I simply want to separate from jews, non-whites and race mixers. Is that a purity spiral? Is that not the core of white nationalism?

• ARE VALUES
        Posted January 18, 2017 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

You might believe in seperation but separation doesn’t believe in you.

There is no path to separation from here. You have to fight through the 4GW. To do that you might need to compromise on who your allies are in the short term.

Can we quit measuring the ethostate windows for custom drapes while they’re still putting modern family on the air with no fear of even losing advertisers? Thanks.

• Just Sayin'
          Posted January 22, 2017 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

I don’t believe that these “allies” are actually fighting for the right of whites to exclude them

• Posted January 18, 2017 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

About fourth generation warfare, see the key role played by the “plausible promise” in fourth generation warfare. The plausible promise is the unifying factor just as is a legislated declaration of war in conventional warfare. I use the term “declaration of war” because it is more widely understood, but the principle is the same:

A declaration of war is a plausible promise of the state of peace that, once attained, is recognizable by all insurgents

The “plausible promise” I propose is, “Sort proponents of social theories into governments that test them.”

7. Othmar Regin
    Posted January 18, 2017 at 2:33 am | Permalink

It strikes me very odd how many White Nationalists have a Jewish wife, grandfather or a suspiciously “jewish” surname.. not that I am seeing a greater conspiracy here but very very odd that statistically speaking a jewish family or friend relationship is by an order of magnitude higher among White Nationalists than the general population. This might mean very little among rank and file W.N.s but it’s very disturbing when you see almost all “far Right” political parties having very strong affiliations with Zionism..

The problem is that most “Identitarians” see Islam as the #1 threat and consequently see jews as natural allies, what they fail to see or ignore outright is that jewish organizations are the #1 pushers of this very Islamic Invasion into the West. Sadly even those who care little about being called a “Nazi” or even “racist” shit their pants the moment somebody calls them “anti-Semite”..

I don’t think there is even a solution to this, short of exposing 200+ years of jewish crimes against Caucasians(specifically) and Humanity to the general public.. but who and how could do that?

• Director
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 8:25 am | Permalink

It sorta proves the point.

8. Rob
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 11:22 pm | Permalink

Wew, a breath of fresh air and a measured, rational response. Of course it gave me pause that Mike had a Jewish wife, but then it occurred to me that having such a stereotypical leftist family may have been what drove him to WN in the first place. Everyone arrives for various reasons, but the most organic of them is probably the result of observing the people you care about the most.

9. Crisral nacht
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Good. Good. I see they aren’t cucking either. I’ve learned to distrust those spergs on pol even if they are, sometimes ironically, always right. I’m really disappointed in them right now. They are even calling Duke a cuck for sticking up for Mike. I get their paranoia about attaching themselves to name faggotry and cancerous e-celebs but they don’t have any vision of their own and sometimes I think they are putting the cart so far ahead of the horse it’s in a different zip code.

10. Joseph Klaus
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

The one drop rule carried to its extreme has cause more problems for Whites than it has solved, in that it creates classes of people who have grown up as Whites but lack “full-membership” in White society which in turn leads to racial resentment. Looking back at the History of Black Americans it is clear that many prominent leaders in Black movements where Quadroons and Octoroon’s, who under different circumstances may have identified as White. Another good example is how White people with even the tiniest drop of Native blood identify with their “Tribe” rather than other White people.

It should be noted that past racial mixing, when White birthrates were well above replacement and the Sons of Europe were conquering the globe, and racial mixing in the present when Whites are in decline are different issues, but in general one drop is flawed.

11. Posted January 17, 2017 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

My response at The Sorta Shoah:

It’s war. It’s discipline time, fam. The only way most normies can be redpilled is to subject them to the consequences of the social theories to which they submit if not for which they larp.

Listen up NOW:

Peace is attained by sorting proponents of social theories into governments that test them. Until we remove obstacles to that state of peace, we are in a state of war and all resources, strategies, tactics and objectives must be dedicated to removing those obstacles.

In the present context, Mike’s wife is a non-issue for our side because it is clear that Mike would never have imposed the presence of his wife on those of us who prefer a social environment free from those who posses significant Jewish ancestry. The fact that TDS had not previously adopted this declaration of war has caused unnecessary damage.

Under this formal declaration of war, Mike could have been open about his background and personal situation (whatever it is). Indeed, he may even have been doxed without disastrous consequences and those who held a hard line about associating with significant Jewish ancestry (a harder line than even Hitler BTW) could have redirected their association. Only if , then, he insisted on “inclusion” would he identify himself as an obstacle hence target.

12. Ronald Hansen
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

I was hoping Greg would comment because I knew what he wrote would be clarifying. By the way Sven and Mcnab had a short podcast posted today about the situation and Mike should be on tonight so people who are interested will be able to find out more tomorrow.

13. JJT
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

I grew up in a small city. Entirely white, less one Jewish family (best I recall). Their son became my best friend in kindergarten and remains one of my closest friend to this day. I am a voracious consumer of far right websites, podcasts, books, etc. I have given money to multiple sites, going back to IHR and Voice of Reason. My friend lives in Israel. Life is complicated.

14. Oil Can Harry
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

So far Enoch has been defended by Greg Johnson, Richard Spencer and David Duke while being slammed by Colin Lidell and Roosh the Doosh.

Andrew Anglin, Matt Heimbach and Matt Parrot have praised Enoch for his contributions but Anglin opined he should’ve divorced his wife. The Two Matts didn’t go that far but said Enoch should have been upfront with the Shoah listeners about his marriage so this controversy would not have blown up so badly.

• George Fungas
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Regarding Roosh the Douche, Mike took plenty of swings at him on the Shoah, so Roosh is just probably returning the favour.

Kicking him while he’s down.

15. Mike549
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

This was an excellent response to this situation. Both Greg and Hunter Wallace have posted sane, measured responses to this controversy and it shows real leadership and devotion to order from chaos.

16. Director
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

I don’t understand this guy’s motives. He’s not hitherto been able to explain how he got redpilled because of this omission. If you have a character you have a solid motive. I’m not seeing it.

17. Temir Aksak
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

This is a moment of great opportunity. TRS will be emerging much stronger after this momentary ordeal. Onward!

18. Huylo
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Isn’t this a lesson to the WN community that Jews can be pro-white? Mike is basically Jewish through marriage, and his Jewish wife supported his work and was featured in at least one podcast. Maybe it’s time to for WN’s to not be so categorically dismissive of Jews? Many are on our team. Jared Taylor always has Jewish speakers at his conferences, and a few serious Jewish intellectuals have advocated for partitioning the USA along racial lines

• AtomicPope
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

“Maybe it’s time to for WN’s to not be so categorically dismissive of Jews? ”

Wrong.

WN should continue to be categorically dismissive of Jews, Muslims, and non-Whites. Autistic tolerance is not a virtue. It’s the greatest sin of all.

• zanek
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Oh c’mon, why is the above comment even allowed? There’s already enough suspicion out there that these hubs are all compromised.

• Just Sayin'
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

His wife was a typical cultural marxist

Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Untrue.

• Anonymous
          Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:29 am | Permalink

There’s plenty of evidence out there that she supported homosexuals and went to concerts of drag queens

Posted January 18, 2017 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Mike was quite candid that she’s a fag hag.

19. Posted January 17, 2017 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

He needs to stand up and explain in detail the last 10 years. He needs to take reasonable questions and answer them honestly. No more Omission.

20. T1D3W4T3R
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Great response, Greg. I share many of your sentiments.

As a side note, I’ve always been impressed with the insight Mike has into the liberal mind. These revelations explain his skill in analyzing and deconstructing their worldview. He had a front row seat.

21. Lew
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

It’s a tragic situation on a number of levels.

I think many people are allowing personal affection for Michael Enoch, understandable sympathy for his family situation, and justified respect for his work cloud their judgment. It’s understandable. Only a dishonorable person walks away from a friend.

Nevertheless, common sense dictates that being in a close friendship doesn’t always give one the best vantage point for being objective about a friend’s behavior. Friends are often inclined to explain behaviors away that less emotionally attached people can see are a real problem.

The other side of the coin is that people who hate Michael Enoch and have malicious intent toward white nationalism don’t care to be fair either. But not everyone speaking out is malicious. There are plenty of honorable people out there with perfectly understandable concerns about his behavior.

I was going to respond to this justification for Michael Enoch’s lying to his audience. Instead, I’m going to leave it as an intellectual exercise for readers to figure out why this is problematic reasoning given the context, and, with regard to that last part, threadbare false equivalence.

Posted January 18, 2017 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

You can’t respond to it “Lew.” Dox yourself, goy, so we take you seriously.

• Lew
        Posted January 19, 2017 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

It’s not as much openness as people can reasonably expect given Michael Enoch’s position, influence and overall importance to the movement which I and most people don’t share. The false equivalence is there.

You know, I just realized on scanning the page that you didn’t print my last comment. Which is fine obviously. It’s your web site, and I’m only stating the startlingly obvious when I say you’re not under any obligation to let anonymous spitballers take hard shots at Micheal and your which is what I did. Maybe it was out of line to use such strong language. Obviously, in my mind it was a hard but in bounds shot under the circumstances. Nevertheless, however it was perceived, it was sincere and not intended as gratuitous insult and presumption.

After reflecting on that for a moment, it then occurred to me that in seven years you have never not printed one of my comments even when I was disagreeing with you or saying something you thought was stupid. In addition, I don’t recall you ever snarking at me either. We’ve exchanged words maybe half a dozen times over the years, and it’s always been civil.

It makes me think, again, that you’re too close to the situation, too personally entangled with the parties, and have too much insider knowledge to really understand how this is perceived by the man on the street. It doesn’t seem like you’re appreciating that many people are disappointed, have legitimate grievances and find your argument that no explanation was owed unconvincing. I’ve been looking around and seen enough juvenile, nasty, mean-spirited, downright hateful commentary out there about TRS to fill an ocean. But just because some people on the other side of this issue from you are malicious, it doesn’t mean that everyone is. I’ll venture a guess that you don’t want to give even the slightest bit of oxygen to the malicious people running out there but a little contrition would be welcomed by many people I suspect.

We all engaged TRS media in different ways. My own story with TRS is this. I listened to the TDS about 6 times in 2015 and quit listening, not because I didn’t like it, but because I don’t spend a lot of time any more consuming viewpoints I agree with. I rarely read the front page of TRS, rarely commented on disqus and wasn’t a member of the forum.

But you know what I did do? During office hours, almost every day, I tracked Michael Enoch’s twitter feed on my phone almost in real time. When he was tweeting, I compulsively refreshed my phone to see what he had to say. It makes me one the thousands in his audience who feels misled and disappointed.

My view of Michael Enoch simply turned out to be wrong. While I have nothing against the other contributors at TRS, he really was the only one I ever paid attention to. I thought that Micheal Enoch was the smartest. I thought he was the best, not just at TRS, but anywhere.

So, as a result of this incident, this particular man on the street has lost enough confidence in the major thought leaders around these parts that he’s decided to retire from the commenting hobby for a long time .

• Ed
          Posted January 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

Lew surrendered. Can I have his spot?

Posted January 19, 2017 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

This is internet. There is no scarcity here.

• uh
          Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

“Michael Enoch”

22. Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

I hope Mike survives. I totally understand.

I am trying to be more open about my own youthful desires for Asian women.

…I know. I sound like a big geek or “weeb.” (I am still very young and inexperienced).

I was attending alt-right and WN conferences and keeping it a big secret! …No more.

I decided to be finally open about, because I could explain why, like so many other white teenagers and young adults, have Asian girlfriends. They call it a “fetish” or some on the alt-right say that it’s “cuck” like. I don’t think so. It’s a byproduct of the collapsing and confused civilization we have today. Does it mean it’s evil to date Asians? No.

If I kept this secret, I would have a burden wherever I go. I would be dishonest and not true to my own self.

Am I harmful? No. Have I made a mistake? You might say do. Do I feel it’s a mistake? Not really.

I think by taking this Asian love phenomena as a trolling ideology, could I attract others into the alt-light and eventually towards nationalism. I, like so many other young white men, have felt or experienced Asian love (even losing your virginity to one). And with the coming tide of racial red-pilling and nationalism, we have to make up our minds.

We either chose our own people, choose them, or choose a new people. Maybe some White men will get out of Asian love like a “phase.” But I don’t think it’s that easy! It really is a diagnosis and must be treated with care and therapy.

MGTOW is a symptom of angry, bitchy, white feminist girls. I think MGTOW could become “Asian-Aryans” to cure their nihilistic behavior. I mean, Matt Forney wrote a book about Filipina women, did he not?

Mike has his flaws and I made my wounds. It makes me a better man for admitting such desires while being honest in the alt-right/nationalist scene. I want my own people to succeed.

However, for now, I want to help myself by telling others where I came from, and how I am no different from other young white men like myself who love Asian women.

• TG
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 2:47 am | Permalink

You sir, are being fooled. I do understand the fetishism of bamboo by ignorant white men. In some ways I don’t blame you. They don’t become overweight (although that’s debatable), or dye their hair stupid colors to the degree that white women do (also debatable). Nor do they do “feminism”. Ha! Truth is, an asian woman will drag you over the coals probably quicker than a white woman would. They are just as, probably even more, willing to take your riches without a second thought. If you have kids with her, she owns you, owns your property, and even worse your kids will not look like you. Not a chance. Enjoy that as a nationalist.

As much as you like to think so, asians are not like us. But keep believing that. When you breed with one I have no sympathy. Stop your bullshit. What would you say if a white woman bred with an asian? Yup, doesn’t happen too often. Stop insulting white women when they are the ones not doing this. It’s only the beta men doing this. But you have my blessing. Have your asian kids. Goood for you. You’ve struck the hammer for whites.

• Posted January 18, 2017 at 9:33 am | Permalink

…I am not so sure if I am a fool. I think it makes me a bigger fool going to WN events with an Asian Girlfriend (I did it three times).

Young millennials dye their hair different colors because… I really don’t know why. I think it has something to do with being different. But my theory is they watch too much American cartoons and anime and they think they are a living anime character.

The only feminism they do is “yellow feminism” which works in favor for their desire their white men, which white feminist absolutely hate.

I have dated two gold-digger Asians before. I know what your talking about. We had our fun. I enjoyed it. …They just expected me to be a better Alpha man. Still, they call on me sometimes thinking we can get back together. That’s still nice.

Yes, there is a whole plan of “asianization” practiced by the Chinese. The Chinese know, that if they send their beautiful girls to foreign men, the child will come out as… Chinese! This creates the Chinese loyalty hierarchy, The Chinese being pure bred, and halfs being subservient to the pure bred. I know of the Chinese being the only race not afraid to race mix with others, believing this would ultimately benefit them in the end.

They are of course not like us.

The problem, already, young whites who made their mistake already bread with Asians, and now we must deal with this huge influx of White/Asian Hapas. What are we suppose to do? Gas them?

If you checked out my website, I think “Asian-Aryanism” works both ways, and the same results also come from Asian Male / White Female. Although it happens less, it will happen more because of the Hapa children from WMAF.

Do I advocate racial mixing? No. I believe in freedom of association.

I am sorry, I care about the future of white people, and I hope that white women will dupe feminism soon. At the current moment in time, more white men are giving up their white women, in favor of MGTOW or what I like to call, “Asian-Aryanism.” We need to change their mind and be on the side or nationalism.

The wounds of race mixing has already happened. And the biggest result is between White Male / Asian Female.

I am a proud beta male. I don’t think it is right to try and emulate the nasty behavior of the Alpha.

It’s better to know about these weaknesses then to shame them. The one who does the shaming is often the target of criticism. A proposed solution is better.

Let the newly recent so-called “betas” and their Asian girlfriends become red-pilled (or yellow-pilled) into Asian-Aryanism. This can be an ally for any alt-light effort and eventually leading towards nationalism.

If that wasn’t a thing, what? Gas them? Ignore it? Treat is as a phase? It’s more than that.

Once again, I am reaching out to other people who are in that situation and helping them understand the bigger picture of things.

• Michael Bell
          Posted January 18, 2017 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

You are just creating a faux-philosophical justification for your fetish for Celestials. Being a beta is nothing to be proud of. Sack up, lift some weights, learn how to look women in the eye, and bestow your seed upon a female of your own kind. Yellows outnumber us by the billions, and your weird sub-movement will only further harm us.

• Posted January 18, 2017 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

I do lift weights, eat good food, and have good posture.

As for the seed part, that’s exactly what I am talking about.

What are all Christians then? Bad betas? How do you make of that?

As for Asian-Aryanism goes, it works. I am reaching out to other so-called “betas” and young whites who supposedly “fetishized” over Asian girls. Ironically, it’s not called an “abnormal obsession” when WNs constantly love that Aryan girl in the wheat field. It’s only outside the race is it called a fetish.

I think none of the white males that date Asian mean to do harm. They are like MGTOW. Misguided and looking for direction. …I am helping them find direction.

• RichardJames
          Posted January 18, 2017 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Yes yes yes. Blah blah blather.
          But… Why not a White female partner ?

Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Yes, if I were creating Mike Enoch from scratch, I would have him marry an entirely white woman and have a large family far from NYC. But, who knows, if that happened, he might never have become the Mike Enoch who helped create TRS. The message and the platform are more important than the man. Thus, a fortiori, they are more important than the man’s wife.

• RichardJames
            Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:51 am | Permalink

January 19, 2017

Yes I completely agree Greg. The roads down which we wander, prior to our arriving here, that is to say, here, in or as White Nationalism/ists are rich with learning and experience, which ultimately led us here.
            My comment to which you replied though was meant as a reply to Pilleater. Pilleater is already here, as a WN, so what more can he learn from dating Asains ? Only he can answer that.
            Our ideas and our experiences, either past or present, are weighed against the biological reality of our race being perpetuated by two White parents producing White offspring.
            Our ideas are nothing without the Whites who hold them. If we are gone, what good are they ? They just become subjects that exist without anything in the way of Aryan flesh to further them into the future.
            As for Mr Enoch. I agree with your assessment and evaluation on the issue.

• TG
          Posted January 19, 2017 at 12:40 am | Permalink

Yellow Pilleater, you seem a decent enough bloke. You may be a nationalist, but you are far from being a white nationalist. Accept it, and go about your day. This is one instance that you do not get to have your cake and eat it too. By all means, torture yourself with convoluted theories about asian-aryanism. You are what you are, you like what you like. Man up, even just a little bit, to at least be honest with yourself. It’s not white women or alpha men who are your enemies. Perhaps your enemy is a little closer to home.

Posted January 19, 2017 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Race-mixing and cultural appropriate are generally driven by inferiority complexes on the part of both partners. I think we all need to work on these inferiority complexes and self-hatred, and suddenly it will not seem so tempting. Based on my personal experience with Pilleater, he’s growing much more self-assured. Keep up the friendly bantz, though. He’ll grow out of this.

• Michael Bell
          Posted January 19, 2017 at 4:48 am | Permalink

“This strange love for “aryan women in wheat fields,” as said once by Andy Nowicki.”

So your saying it is somehow negative for White men to prefer White women? Or do you take issue with the agrarian setting?

“Oddly enough, on a recent podcast, I was told that “beta” was a good thing, since too many Alphas would lead to chaos. And some people by nature will live by their code.”

Being alpha doesn’t mean you are just a thug or dullard who is constantly provoking confrontations with people. It means you are a real man who asserts himself when he has a right to and who maintains control over his life and his business. 50 years ago I’d say most men in America were Alphas. 100 years ago even more men were Alphas. During the pioneer days they were probably all alphas.

“What are all Christians then? Bad betas? How do you make of that?”

Christians who argue that we are all God’s children and should therefore welcome nonwhites into our neighborhoods to destroy them are fucking Deltas. Christians who support tyhe idea of the all-White ethnostate are fine by me.

“This never-ending fight to be better, sounds like a case of unhealthy paranoia. I know what is good and what is healthy. Am I like the Wolves of Vinland? I am nothing like that.”

I really don’t see why you are even here. You take issue with racial endogamy, men being real men, and the idea that people should physically and mentally perfect themselves. If you think it’s okay for Whites to be courting Yerrows, even after becoming racially aware, then you do not know what is right.

“Oohhhhh Pilleatahh….me so horny, me ruv you rrrong time. Me be good honollally Alyan for you.”

• uh
          Posted January 20, 2017 at 11:46 am | Permalink

As soon as you don’t have to make $80,000 a year to marry a white woman, count me back in.

• TG
            Posted January 22, 2017 at 12:12 am | Permalink

Nonsense. Do you honestly believe that Asian women are somehow above that and will love you even if you’re a bum? No self-respecting woman would want to hitch her wagon to a man who has no drive or ambition. You may not have to have the money at first, but she will love you if you have a plan and work hard to attain it. A woman will most certainly stand behind you and support you in reaching your goals. That is incredibly attractive. Too bad if you don’t like that. Same way that I’m sure you’d prefer a woman who was attractive and worked hard on staying that way, as opposed to one just giving up and turning into a lard-ass because it’s just tooo hard to keep in shape.

• uh
            Posted January 22, 2017 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Lately I’ve come to appreciate the workmanlike Dasein of Asian women, is all I can say. I would trade a measure of looks for that. The Chinese girl who hemmed my jeans perfectly for $10; the Japanese women I work with who help out everywhere without having to be asked; the Indian woman making doughnuts at 1AM, or at least supervising her mestizo workers making doughnuts. These are races bred for labor, for self-effacement. White women aren’t this way. And that is why those other groups are winning.

• TG
            Posted January 23, 2017 at 12:50 am | Permalink

Interesting. I cook, I clean, I sew quite a bit too and even hem my partner’s pants – for free! I’ve always paid my way and have worked an honest living to keep a roof over my head. My partner certainly does not earn anywhere close to $80k but I love and respect him all the same. We do our best. My job is a traditionally feminine one, which I take pride in and do not in any way feel oppressed by. I do understand what you are saying about some women though. When they have been asked to do a few tasks that I normally do every day (i.e. filling jugs of water for meetings) you should see the outrage! They whisper conspiratorially how “sexist” that is without seeing the irony in saying as much to me. Lol. But see, I live in a very, let me emphasize this, a very multicultural city. The colour of their skin does not factor into this. In fact, the biggest “feminists” I’ve met are Asians and Indians. Go figure.

23. Durta
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Measured and compassionate article, Greg, and one with which I am in full agreement.

24. Samuel Nock
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

The most shocking things about this entire incident has been — other than Greg’s article, David Duke’s take — the utter lack of thoughtful, measured, simply adult responses and reflections on it. (Anglin’s piece, in which he acknowledged that a lot of info was still missing, was also relatively measured and thoughtful.)

It certainly makes one understand why Greg is an elitist: the rabble’s response to the whole matter in the comment sections / chans has been an embarrassment. Life is more complicated than most people are making it out to be.

Moreover, Greg has corrected — again for the first time, to my knowledge — many of the factual inaccuracies (intentional?) that have been spreading in the comments sections. Excellent piece and a real service to Mike.

25. Ike
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Great article Greg. You’ve encapsulated my thoughts on the subject beautifully. The only thing that I would add is that the basement dwelling purity spiraling spergs that seem most intent on attacking Mike don’t seem to realize is that loyalty is more important than dogma. If they had any real world friends they’d know that, or maybe they’re just incapable of knowing. Anyway, Mike you and yours will be on the protected rolls and will come to no harm. Cheers.
    Ike.

26. Colin Liddell
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

An excellent piece, Greg, and you are a great writer who can be very convincing, even to the point of convincing yourself.

In cases like this, however, I believe in going deeper and relying on gut instinct and wordless intuitions. Enoch is not the 3/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Serbian that TRS damage control are now claiming. Also, there are odd little soundbites like this – https://youtu.be/vEv672uRhLQ – where he “lets the kike out of the bag.”

As you know, I take a not entirely unsympathetic attitude to Jews, especially one’s prepared to be honest about their Jewishness and identify common interests with Whites. The Post-Enoch Peinovich that they are attempting to roll out does not ring true for me. I also remain unconvinced of the ultimate utility of the whole TRS approach, which has much of the SJW echo chamber about it, an echo chamber it seems too share increasingly with Daily Stormer vantardism.

While WN sentiment is clearly undergoing natural organic growth in N. America, the movement seems to be doing a better job at ghettoizing this fresh growth through 4chan fashiness than getting a moral message out to the tens of millions of untapped normies.

Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

Colin, I gave you another chance. But you have proven yourself to be a small and dishonest man. I am washing my hands of you. This will be our last communication.

• Colonel Gunter Brumm
        Posted January 17, 2017 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Excellent response.

• Ulf Larsen
        Posted January 17, 2017 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

About time. All that C.L. has ever done in this movement is obfuscate important issues and fuel pointless conflicts. Other than that, just empty verbiage. Either dishonest or ill in some way. Away he goes.

• Michael Bell
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Colin Liddell should officially become known as Buzz Killington.

I feel like the Alt Right could actually put a White Nationalist in the White House one day and Colin will be sitting there saying “you’re all fooled! He’s not truly legitimate! Your all brainwashed fanboys!”

At some point you have to give credit where credit is due, Colin. Quit being such a negative Nancy

• Posted January 17, 2017 at 6:50 pm | Permalink

Don’t be so hard on Colin. Alternative Right blogspot is still a good place for alt-right media.

I really don’t know much about the Greg vs. Colin arguments and debates. Colin is a really interesting and original writer.

Unfortunately, there is a personality clash between Greg and Colin that has lead to more internet drama and stagnation.

I can understand Colin’s eccentric behavior (Colin, you reading this?). I like it. But I can understand where it can divide people who just don’t get it or seems to be too out there. I think there needs to be more respect from each side.

…But anyway, I really can’t say how things will resolve.

Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Colin is dishonest. I have washed my hands of him. That is all.

• Joel
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

The Paul Ryan of the Alt-Right strikes again.

• Ronald Hansen
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Colin is a brave alt righter fighting the good fight from Japan, where the damage to his life for holding his opinions are literally incalculable. We should obviously be thanking him for his service on a continous basis.

Posted January 18, 2017 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

He’s become an embittered crank. But sure: Thank you for your service, Colin. Here’s a gold watch. Goodbye.

27. Gorgeous George
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Greg,

For the most part, I agree with your sentiments. However, I believe your statement that “the message is more important than the man” is contrary to a genetically-based ideology, at least to some extent. The logic is that we should only be against Jews who act in accordance with our understanding of the message of the Jew. This is a slippery slope, highly subjective argument. Personally, I am fine with the argument. But I do not see then how we can convict a race if we are judging them based on “message” rather than as a man.

28. Zorro
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Here’s the thing. The Alt-Right’s biggest mistake was associating with the Chan’s and pandering to them. This is something your intellectual wing of the alt-right was never comfortable with confronting. You don’t really know Chan culture, it’s toxic, it’s the lowest common denominator and it never forgives. It was here before the alt-right became a thing. Pepe is not a cute little meme frog, he is evil and wants to watch people suffer just because he can. He will destroy everything he liked the day before out of spite.

TRS existed to pander to these people and attracted the most hardcore and unstable neo-nazi elements to their website because Enoch was seen as uncompromising on the JQ and the white ethnostate. And they ran recruitment campaigns on those websites which are fiercely independent and protective of their subcultures.

And it’s this hypocrisy that killed it. Once he was revealed to be who he was to the neo-nazi purists and the Chan dwellers it all fell apart for him.

• Michael Bell
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

Chan culture is what allowed White Nationalist and otherwise right-wing ideology to start appealing to younger people. Holding conferences and publishing 7,000 word essays only gets you so far (and that is not meant as a dig at intellectual outlets like CC. I’m proud to call this place a home for my writings.)

29. Geert Wilders
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

I hope you are right Greg.

This should make them stronger. This would make a great story, a movie. Unless there are more darker secrets.

30. Vanitas
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Greg, for writing this piece. This mature and reasoned stance reflects my thinking as well. Those elements that can not accept this somewhat tragic situation for reasons of ideological purity will ultimately be destructive to the movement and we are better off without them.

31. paul w
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I wonder how much age plays into this whole thing, apart from the hardcore 1488 ers , Im willing to bet most of the people who feel the most let down and betrayed are in their 20’s , in a way , they were blessed to be red pilled at an earlier age.
    Im 38, I belive Mike Enoch is a similar age, I did nt even come across the alt right until I was 32. How many adult years is that where one wanders through life, blissfully(in a way) unaware of such matters as the JQ? or white displacement? A lot of years.
    I can be more forgiving of Mike because he spent a long, long time living in poz land before he swallowed anything remotely red pill, and ever since he had , he has been doing great work red pilling people, especially younger ones, who, thanks to him, his TRS buddies and other alt right sites, know all about the JQ and if they subscribe to it, will not have jewish, half jewish or whatever jewish spouses.

32. Randy
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Greg, in response to linking anti-Semitism to paranoid conspiracy thinking: Jews attack you anyway they can for the crime of criticizing them. Jews support European population replacement, i.e. White genocide. If Jews did not want Europa Islamized/Africanized it would not be happening. Jews started WWII. If Trump gets assassinated it will be at their instigation. As a group they are bad, bad people. The devil in history for European man. I understand if you don’t publish this.

Posted January 17, 2017 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

That’s all true, and there are still people who muck that truth up with paranoid ideation and naive conspiracy thinking.

33. Colonel Gunter Brumm
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

The best thing Ive read on the matter Dr J. Period.

Anglin the 2nd best.

34. Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Mike was undeniably in a tough situation without an easy solution. I’m hoping he and TRS make it through as best they can and become stronger for it.

35. Michael Bell
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Aside from your argument that 1/4 Jews can still be considered White and worthy of intermarriage, and that “Jewish behavior comes from culture which is influenced by genetics but which isn’t really totally due to genetics” (the Puritans did not craft an entire religion based on the concept of inverting everything that normal civilizations regarded as normative spirituality, after all)— I agree with your stance on Mike. He contributed way too much to the Cause for us to suddenly be attacking him now as a shill or whatever else the forum posters might come up with….especially if we have not created anything as prolific and beneficial as TRS. It’s terrible that he had already married the Hebrewess before he became redpilled, and it’s terrible that everyone found out the way they did…but I’d say he did the best he could with the cards he was dealt. A lot of people’s lives take very odd turns, but that doesn’t mean they have no right to espouse the truth when they stumble upon it. Henceforth though…. If you have a Jew wife or other nonwhite wife then It’s probably unwise to assume a leadership role in the movement. Just my opinion.

36. Will Windsor
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

I agree with the closing remarks of the essay. It’s up to Mike to overcome this crisis by being honest with his listeners. The sincerity of his mea culpa, and how he behaves from here on out, will determine whether he can move beyond this moment to reach greater heights.

A few disagreements, however, must be stated:

(1) Leaders are held to higher standards than mere followers. While Mike did not intend to become a leader, he did become one through the overwhelming success of the TDS. This leads me to my second point.

(2) You have to practice what you preach. The truth may be more important than authenticity, but the message cannot be separated from the messenger. It’s just human nature that people will not value the opinion of leaders who belie the core tenants of their ideology. Such hypocrisy does harm to the “truth” because, well, “actions speak louder than words.” At the end of the day, we’re not purely rational beings and we want our leaders to practice what they preach. If our leaders can’t uphold WN, how can we expect to achieve a white ethnostate.

(3) The evidence appears to indicate that his wife was very much a self-identifying jew, of the extreme marxist variety. Most feel betrayed not so much because Mike married a jewish woman before becoming a white nationalist, but the fact that afterwards his wife continued to be an agent of the enemy promoting diversity as her job and degeneracy in her life. Because the facts appear to be conflicting based on evidence online and what you’re reporting, we’ll have to wait to hear from Mike to hopefully clarify the matter.

Conclusion:

For this reason, many listeners, myself included feel deeply misled because we were. While insiders had the privilege of knowing the truth and deciding whether to accept Mike or not, we were not privy to such knowledge and were kept in the dark. To a certain degree, Mike deceived his listeners. This breach of trust weakens his credibility and thus that of his opinions.

Mike needs to be forthright with us now and provide an explanation for his past/actions. That is the first step towards regaining our trust and his integrity. How he proceeds from here will indeed determine whether he can overcome this personal failing or whether it becomes a constant source of derision and division.

• Kevin
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I don’t think Mike owes any of us an explanation. It’s obvious to anyone with a little age. Besides, at what point would have been the right time to divulge his pozzed past? He was a normie. He has family and lives in Poztropolis. He dates and marries, and at some point marries. After this he begins to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes, but by then it’s too late. He has listeners and a fan base, and probably struggles with his situation all the time.

An “Old-fag Gen Xer” like myself has lived long enough to understand that life is very messy and I hope all of you younger than I live long enough to have regrets, because if you haven’t then you haven’t lived.

The Christians have a principle that I think is appropriate in this situation. A good tree brings forth good fruit. What fruit has Mike produced? Hasn’t he worked for our race? Hasn’t he sacrificed for us? And were throwing him under the bus became his personal situation in part made him learn about race realism and the JQ?

Mike is good people and we should always support our own. Hell, the left does that. Why can’t we?

• Just Sayin'
        Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

” Besides, at what point would have been the right time to divulge his pozzed past?”

When he started getting serious about anti-semitism

it happened on air, as they read culture of critique

And it was a gradual process, leaving plenty of opportunities

he simply got carried away and didn’t think he’d get caught in the LARP

• FrenchDressing
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 2:37 am | Permalink

Best comment I have read thus far.

I don’t want to contribute to the paranoia, nor the purity spiraling whirlwind that has occurred as a result of this doxxing; however, as a TRS Refugee and TDS listener, I’ve felt conflicted since hearing this news over the weekend.

None of us walk this earth without skeletons, but truthfully the hardest pill to swallow for me is that Mike embodied, physically the cliché of what the corporate media attributes to the Alt Right — the classic, out-of-shape, unpresentable nerd. One of the reasons I appreciate Richard Spencer and Nathan Damigo is because they don’t look like what you imagine to be an internet troll, throwing Nazi salutes with a bag of Cheetos in their laps. Enoch fits this stereotype sadly, no matter his “critique” on the “Culture of Critique”.

I realize I sound like a complete asshole here, and I sincerely hope that Mike learns that the Universe is speaking to him here — this may have happened for a reason so that he could shed that dead weight finally (in lbs as well as partners), and assume his greater purpose, as the walking, talking embodiment of what he espouses on a show that reaches thousands of whites seeking a voice of reason through the degenerate darkness of pozz.

• uh
        Posted January 18, 2017 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Life isn’t an Apple commercial where everyone is beautiful, dressed in trendy clothes and always having a wonderful time on the beach or the rooftops. Lots of people will always mean lots of variation. He could lay off the beer and shave, aye, but you didn’t look to him for appearance; you looked to him for entertainment, and you got it.

37. Steven
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

This entire fiasco has kinda made me not want to give support to the alt right anymore, at least not to the more extreme ends of it. Mike is essentially being hung by his own rope here. If TRS thinks this whole thing is going to just pass and be forgotten, they are wrong. There will be more of this in the future. The crazy thing is that they want to keep growing this thing even after getting fucked hard by it.

I see too many people that are just frankly mentally ill in this movement. There is tons of paranoia, tons of accusations and purity spirals and its becoming cannibalistic. This is not growing into a healthy movement. When the inquisition comes, don’t count on yourself being the one in charge.

• Michael Bell
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Don’t you realize that by no longer contributing to the movement, you are merely giving the people who doxxed Enoch EXACTLY what they wanted? You are giving the anti-White establishment EXACTLY what they wanted. If you don’t want to keep shelling out money, that’s understandable, but to drop out altogether is just nuts. Make low-risk contributions if you are that worried. It’s not crystal clear who doxxed Mike and the others, but whoever they are, they have done harm and are therefore the enemy. Don’t let them win.

• Steven
        Posted January 17, 2017 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

I have mixed people in my family. I can’t support a movement that is going to hate me and demand I defoo them because of it. That’s the problem I have. It’s one thing to be against white genocide and anti-white racism but this is turning into full on witch hunt. We need more rational heads to prevail who understand the problem while remaining human, not the jew obsessed purity spiraling maniacs who wants to gas everyone who isn’t a 100% bavarian phenotype. The people who want to sniff out all the jews and degenerates as if they are witches while create an unbearable environment full of rampant paranoia and hysteria are becoming the problem. An environment which, up to this point, TRS helped create. This is the perfect opportunity for Mike to take a moment to step back and reflect and hopefully choose a path that demands less “perfection.”

• Fashyfashionism
          Posted January 18, 2017 at 2:21 am | Permalink

I have many mixed people in my family, and I too feel very uncomfortable with insane purity spirals. Nobody is upset he had a half black brother, not his fault, nobody is upset he married a Jew when he was still blue pilled, people are only upset because he lied and acted indignant. I too have had thoughts of dropping off but for the complete opposite reasons, ive made my positions clear and I’ve told my half black and black inlaws I’d visit them in black America. Part of the reason I felt comfortable being open with my family was because with the growth of the movement I thought I was gaining a community but now this community is nothing more than ego driven narcissists that have no intention of practicing what they preach let alone a community with any trust.

• Michael Bell
          Posted January 18, 2017 at 4:48 am | Permalink

I think that you are looking at the most radical of the various forum commenters and imagining that these people constitute the majority of White Nationalism, and that they’ll one day be presiding over a tribunal like Scarecrow does in The Dark Knight Rises and forcing you to disavow your family. This is not the case. As I see it, movement leadership seems to understand that there is soon to be a massive influx of normies and former Bernie-ites entering our large tent. As such, we are going to be sharing space with people who only a short while ago might have considered us the absolute enemy. Many of these people are going to have personal situations and histories that will appall the gung-ho WN. Nevertheless, we must embrace them and set about transforming them into full-on Alt-Righters. Somebody like you, who is already an Alt-Righter but who has a mixed family that he didnt ask for (I’m assuming you did not ask for it), is going to be considered small potatoes. Nobody is going to make you abandon your loved ones or try to drive you out for having them in your life. Keep supporting the Cause, and ignore the purity-spiralling comment-posters. Many of these people will be intensely negative no matter how much success we achieve, but they do not constitute the majority of our numbers.

Now, if any members of your family are actively working to destroy the White race or Western civilization, that’s a different story!

• uh
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

“There is tons of paranoia, tons of accusations and purity spirals and its becoming cannibalistic.”

This should be a take-away point for everyone. These are guys you don’t want in your life.

I briefly made a Facebook account to keep in touch with some people beyond texting. I made the mistake of following a page of TRS fans. One day, some girl was outed at her office job for badspeak and fired.

Nothing I care about, but it sent these TRS fans into absolute hysterics. There were rabid, moralistic calls for counter-doxxing, persecution of the queerbait who outed her, his family, etc. And if you blanked out the particulars, you’d be looking at the same internet-bound madness that gets right-wing people “doxxed” in the first place.

I realized that if I said anything against the dogma, these gnats could just as easily turn on me, so I unfollowed the group and for good measure closed the account.

The fact is that we’re now effectively on lock-down as far as networking, and this has stoked massive paranoia and persecution mania (by and of others) among the alt-right young’uns. It is a swamp no one with any semblance of a normal life should step into.

38. Hersir
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

You’d be instabanned on the TRS forum if you said you had a Jewish wife. They put members through insane vetting.

• Bradan O'Fahey
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

The forum grew unmanageable. Witch hunts were common and moderation had to appease the witch hunters. It should have been moderated in a way that reflected the leadership of TRS.

It was so bad that Sven was the only one on the Death Panel that regularly posted there.

• Just Sayin'
        Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

But the forum warned them about facebook and opsec.

And the forum made it clear that it held to the standards of the broader white nationalist movement.

Whites only, no jews.

Had they paid attention, they would have realized they were in waaaaay over their heads

39. Rabbi High Comma
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

“…we are all the products of the fallen world we wish to overthrow.”

This. Our people are hobbled by this dystopic world we were born into. Some fail to recognize the stench, others do, but find comfort and ease more appealing. We recognize it, and aspire to improve the future for our descendants. There is nothing more selfless than that. Demanding retroactive perfection from those who are doing more than myself to move the ball down the field is narcissistic and sick.

Thanks Greg.

40. Adolf Hitler
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

She didn’t have “weak ethnocentrism” and “little connection with Jewish culture”.

She was chairman of a B’nai B’rith youth chapter and self-identified as a Jew. There are photos of her and Mike at a Shabbat meal as well.

• James O'Meara
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Says the man (?) hiding behind a pseudonym.

• James O'Meara
      Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

“She also supported homo- and transexuals, another integral part of Jewish culture.

Yes, when Moses taught Plato, sodomy was a key part of the curriculum. Of course, they’ve always kept that a secret, the sneaky little devils.

• ARE VALUES
      Posted January 18, 2017 at 10:17 am | Permalink

Then mike needs some credit for getting the queen of jews to write and recite a 1488 christmas carrol.

>I am pure. I have no jewish friends or acquitences!

*Really has no friends*

41. Hrothgar
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Well said. The BNP in Britain had a Jewish councillor and she faced terrible attacks from her own community. It can’t be easy for Mike either, but I think it’s a very principled stand he has made and I hope he continues with podcasting.

42. Magpie Martele
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

I have enjoyed TRS, TDS, and the related content. I also have learned a lot from their hard work and creativity. I hope that their public work will rekindle in some form.

43. Nate Plastic
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Good article Greg. It is making me rethink my previous stance on this problem

44. Some Guy
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Good article. Mike has made huge contributions to the cause of European and I respect and appreciate that and respect him as a man. I just hope that e-celeb infatuation is not cause for a lowering of standards.

The bottom line is if you were apart of the TRS community you know that it was bigger than Mike. There were group meetings that were built on trust in the institution, and your article doesn’t mention any of this aspect, because you may have not even been aware. People donated money and time with the understand that everyone was being as sincere as they could be.

You can call me a “purist” if you like, but if we do not have trust in our communities than we will never achieve our end goals. My sincere recommendation is that if others are in the same position you be upfront with faults like this. The cover up is always worse than the crime.

45. James
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Greg as always great read . I think TRS will be better than it was and more bullet proof in the future . Thanks !

46. Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure about some of what you said about his wife, as the youtube video found of what seems to be her is quite damning. However that being said I agree with what you say about Mike, the fact that he stood by what he believed was right despite his personal situation is admirable, and there was no ‘right’ way to handle this situation, anyone who thinks so is being obtuse.

47. Brierrabbit3030
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

I support Mike too. Everyone has their awkward secrets. Now free of all this, He’s basically going to able to be himself. Like all great stories the hero has to overcome some trial. He will overcome his too.

48. OTS
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

I really don’t understand the people who are mad at Mike.
    To use a parallel, imagine a dietetician or a doctor, who helps people live healthier lives. If it was revealed that this man doesn’t follow his own advice, and is fat and unhealthy, would you call him a bad person? Even if he lacks the willpower to apply these principles to himself, his heart is still in the right place. He is helping create a better society. Despite this marriage issue, Mike Enoch has redpilled thousands of people, and probably avoided a few mixed marriages. He could have used his wife to NAXALT but he didn’t. That would have been much safer, and would have prevented this backlash from both sides (from the disappointed press and from society). I see this situation as an example of a man sacrificing his personal comfort for the greater good. That is inspiring.

49. Rhino
    Posted January 17, 2017 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I’m in before the autistic purity spiral people.

I support Mike Enoch because I’m not more fash than Hitler.

50. ISK