The Counter-Currents 2018 Fundraiser
New Directions at Counter-Currents

1,006 words

Our fundraiser has slowed down a bit since our last update 2 weeks ago. We have received only 9 donations, totaling $1,274, for which we are very grateful. Our goal this year is to raise $70,000. So far, we have received 58 donations totaling $8,497.94. So we are a bit more than one eighth of the way there. See below for new incentives to give.

* * *

In May, I had dinner with several movement colleagues, and I asked how I could improve Counter-Currents’ reach and effectiveness. Everyone at the table told me to invest more time in our YouTube channel, CounterCurrentsTV, because it has the most potential to amplify out message and reach new audiences. They were quite emphatic, actually, and the whole discussion took on the air of an intervention. I was convinced, though, and began planning to take Counter-Currents in a new direction.

The first step was to take stock of Counter-Currents’ existing podcasts and other audio files. There are nearly 300 of them. So I have been turning them into video files and putting them online at the rate of at least one a day. Our YouTube subscribers and traffic immediately began to rise. Here are the stats for July:

In July, we added more than one video/per day, increased our number of subscribers by more than 10%, and increased the number of minutes watched by more than half-a-million. We will continue to put material on YouTube at the same rate until our complete backlog is available.

I also hired Oscar at Omniphi to start making slideshow videos again for Counter-Currents. But I had to stop after three videos because of a shortage of money. I hope to be able to pay him for new videos in the future.

Another task has been to catalog all of my appearances on other people’s podcasts and YouTube channels over the years and get copies of my appearances. I will eventually put copies on the CC channel as well.

Finally, I have recordings of more than 300 hours of lectures, primarily on philosophy, that I am digitizing. Suitably edited — and perhaps re-recorded — these lectures will eventually end up on YouTube as well.

But all of this focus on the past is merely the prelude to something new.

I have decided that, with the publication of The White Nationalist Manifesto on September 15th, I am going to become much more of a “public intellectual.” So I am going to put my face out there more in debates, interviews, and my own YouTube videos.

Frankly, this really goes against the grain for me. I don’t like YouTube. Beyond that, I am an intensely private person. The thought of being recognized on the street feels me with dread. I am also highly self-critical, which makes listening to my recordings an unpleasant experience. But being governed by such feelings strikes me as criminal self-indulgence when the fate of the world depends on the success of our movement, and every man must do his duty to the utmost. So I am going to do my best, until better people come along and relieve me of the burden.

This new emphasis will, however, entail certain costs. I was planning to launch a new webzine, NewNationalism.net this summer. But I simply will not have the time, so that project has been scrubbed.

As they say in TVland, stay tuned . . .

* * *

Like most dissident journals of ideas, Counter-Currents depends upon donations to survive. If you want Counter-Currents to thrive, make a donation today. In particular, consider becoming a patron of The White Nationalist Manifesto, to be published on September 15th:

• First of all, anyone who donates $100 or more will receive a signed and personalized hardcover copy of The White Nationalist Manifesto. I am creating a limited edition of 200 numbered hardcovers, which will be similar in quality to our recent limited edition of The Lightning and the Sun.
  • Second, anyone who donates $500 or more will receive one of the signed and personalized hardcovers, plus I will thank you by your name (or initials, or pen name, or as “anonymous,” as you prefer) in the book itself.
  • Third, anyone who donates $1,000 or more will receive all of the above, plus I will give you signed hardcover copies of my other seven books.

Finally, if all of these options are too rich for you, you can simply pre-order The White Nationalist Manifesto in paperback or a regular, non-limited hardcover edition. Watch for a pre-order page in the near future.

If you want to send a non-tax deductible donation to Counter-Currents Publishing, you can make two different types of donations:

• A single donation of any size.
  • A recurring donation of any size.

Recurring donations are particularly helpful, since they allow us better to predict and plan for the future. We still have not recovered from the loss of monthly donors after being deplatformed by PayPal. Let’s rectify that right now. Please use the secure online form below.

• NOTE: If you want to give only a monthly donation, enter that amount in the monthly donation box and 0.00 in the one-time donation box.
  • American Express
    Discover
    MasterCard
    Visa
    JCB
    Maestro

You may also send check, money order, or credit card payment by mail. Just print out our donation form in Word or PDF. Our address is:

Counter-Currents
PO Box 22638
San Francisco, CA 94122
USA

Counter-Currents also takes a variety of crypto currencies:

BITCOIN

Our Bitcoin address is: 1ChE5DZVVZJpv8mnJ3fRrtSDrTikBh7uFL

ETHERIUM

Our Etherium address is: 0x6cB1fd85326739bABf48B80B82a4E8470F98Db7C

LITECOIN

Our Litecoin address is: LauRgjKWtSSQPkvsjQwzcRtd9DyVwioLfu

MONERO

Our Monero address is: 4AeTjJVd5i581nxAGv44o2ihK4KThURs6dtJWdMjdTfV6Hc13VSZC664vdkTM5oKhZfZBwdzGH4uN1cD8NukSeqD2DDeqrL

Also, as we first announced in October of 2015, you now have two possible destinations for your donations: Counter-Currents Publishing and the Counter-Currents Foundation. The Counter-Currents Foundation is a US 501c3 educational corporation. Donations to it are deductible from US federal income taxes. The purpose of the Counter-Currents Foundation is specifically to promote scholarship and translations connected to the European New Right and allied movements. If you wish to earmark a donation to the Counter-Currents Foundation, or to discuss a particular project you would like to support, please contact me in advance at [email protected].

Please give generously!

Remember: those who fight for the Golden Age live in it today. Thank you for your loyalty and support.

Editor-in-Chief
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.
& North American New Right

Related

This entry was posted in North American New Right and tagged , , . Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 12, 2018 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

Greg Sir you are the leading voice..the most eagerly anticipated commentator of the WN mov’t–in a class by yourself. I would say that establishing more of an online presence–so long as it doesn’t drain you– might well propel the movement to the next level. Also finding a way to create buzz for livestreams perhaps through debate with youtubers with loyal following could prove to be a great way to fundraise via superchat. JF and or Luke Ford could tutor you and the production co. on avoiding strikes

2. Thomas
    Posted August 11, 2018 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

If I have faith in anyone in the movement to carry the standard into public debate, it’s you Greg. Thank you for your courage to step into an uncomfortable space. I will certainly chip in.

Prepared remarks in the form of lectures and speeches with visuals would be spot on. If it’s to be interviews/debates, I hope you’ll limit your scope to either friendly or rival (but not enemy) parties. I see little advantage and mainly risk to engaging with those who don’t operate in good faith.

3. Voryn Illidari
    Posted August 11, 2018 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Greg considering how long this took to get done, it better be able to red-pill random normies just from me placing it on the ground in a crowded room somewhere. haha just messing. I look forward to reading it

4. Matt Grey
    Posted August 11, 2018 at 12:22 am | Permalink

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you need to back up your youtube content onto a more freespeech oriented alternative platform. You’ll wish you had oneday if they shut you down.

Posted August 11, 2018 at 12:40 am | Permalink

Everything we have is backed up.

5. Posted August 10, 2018 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

the written word is now firmly behind video…people don’t read anymore…problem is that youtube will delete you when you come on their radar

Posted August 11, 2018 at 12:39 am | Permalink

Then we move somewhere else.

• Joseph James Tolbot
        Posted August 11, 2018 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Just an idea. It might be more profitable for you as a public intellectual to just appear on other people’s channels and get those videos re-uploaded and spread around instead of putting all the energy into something central that can get memory holed. You can rely on the hive as your platform. Think of all the energy Alex Jones put into his channel only to have it go poof.

• Posted August 11, 2018 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

an excellent suggestion by joseph there…this is what other prominent white dissidents are doing…

• Travis LeBlanc
          Posted August 12, 2018 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Joseph, most of the fans Alex Jones gained from those platforms are still with him. So it’s not like his investment in those platforms was a complete loss. He still gained a ton of fans. There may in fact come a day when Big Tech comes for Counter-Currents but doesn’t mean CC should not try to make hay while the sun is shining.

Posted August 12, 2018 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Precisely.

Nothing is permanent in the Internet world. Since we don’t have to power to stop deplatforming, we simply need to adapt to it. Use every platform for what it is worth but prepare like digital gypsies to up stakes and move on.