For a brief introduction to Counter-Currents and the North American New Right, see the following articles by Greg Johnson:
- “New Right vs. Old Right“
- Frequently Asked Questions, Part 1
- Frequently Asked Questions, Part 2
- “Toward a North American New Right“
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd. takes its guiding principles from French Traditionalist René Guénon’s The Crisis of the Modern World.
- History is cyclical, and its prevailing current is downward, declining from a Golden Age through Silver and Bronze Ages to a Dark Age.
- We live in a Dark Age, in which decadence reigns and all natural and healthy values are inverted.
- Even in the depths of the Dark Age, there are hidden Golden Age counter-currents: survivals of the past Golden Age that sustain the world and serve as seeds of the Golden Age to come.
- It is not futile to think and live according to Golden Age principles in the depths of the Dark Age. Indeed, those who do so play an important role in the passage of the Ages.
- Knowledge has practical consequences. Counter-Currents aims to hasten the dissolution of the Dark Age by promoting knowledge of its deficiencies in the light of Tradition.
- Counter-Currents also aims to promote the survival of essential ideas and texts into Golden Age to come.
- Counter-Currents publishes, distributes, and promotes “Books Against Time.” Please contact our Editor-in-Chief if you have a manuscript or wish to recommend a title.