The Stark Truth
Robert Stark Interviews Anthony Migchels on Monetary Reform"/>

The Stark Truth
Robert Stark Interviews Anthony Migchels on Monetary Reform

Monetary reformer Antony Migchels

50:24 / 213 words

Editor’s Note:

Robert Stark’s The Stark Truth will now be hosted by Counter-Currents. Welcome Robert!

To download the mp3, right-click here and choose “save link as.”

To subscribe to our podcasts, click here.

Anthony Migchels lives in Arnhem, the Netherlands. He started the Gelre, the first regional currency in the Netherlands. His blog is http://realcurrencies.wordpress.com/ which raises awareness of monetary matters, most notably the nefarious implications of interest, as a way of empowering people and the commonwealth in their struggle against the Money Power.

Topics:

1. UFASP
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Excellent news. I always enjoy Mr. Stark’s interviews.

It’s so sad that VoR seems to have bit the dust.

2. jack
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 12:35 am | Permalink

I take it VOR has ceased operating?

Posted August 29, 2012 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Yes, apparently so.

3. Nicolai Boesen
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 2:48 am | Permalink

Has VoR closed down ? anyone know why ?

Posted August 29, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink

We don’t know why. But I suspect that Mike Conner was feeling burned out by his workload and the witch’s brew of movement drama stirred up by Carolyn Yeager after she departed VoR.

• JustaWhiteMom
        Posted August 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Is there anything that we can do for Mike? I love listening to his shows. I would hate to see him lose touch with the movement.

4. JustaWhiteMom
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Whether VOR is defunct, the shows must continue. I really enjoyed listening to Mike Connor, Paul From, Mark Weber, etc. These shows should continue somehow. It is really nice to have something to listen to while folding socks or whatever. We are in for a long fight and radio shows offer a sense of community and connection that dissidents need to keep up their morale.

Posted August 29, 2012 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Counter-Currents is launching a new podcasting network as a home for VoR hosts and others. In the meantime, we will host Robert Stark and other VoR shows on this site.

• Badden
        Posted August 29, 2012 at 11:33 am | Permalink

Would you happen to know what will become of VoR’s archives?

Posted August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Unfortunately, it looks like the archives have been lost.

However, they can be reconstructed:

1. Many people have downloaded MP3s of the shows into ITunes. My ITunes did that automatically for certain shows.
          2. Many of the hosts have copies of MP3s.
          3. I archived the shows I appeared on, and other guests may have done the same.
          4. Some of Mark Weber’s shows have been made into YouTube videos.

As soon as we have the infrastructure in place to receive them, we will put out a call for all existing MP3s of VoR shows.

• JJT
        Posted August 29, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Fantastic. The CC podcast network. You’re buliding a small empire.

5. The Melnibonean
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Whoa! Robert Stark is a huge feather in the cap of Counter-Currents! He was my favorite of the VOR lineup for reasons of variety and sheer fun. Still, although I am thankful for the strengthening of CC, the passing of VoR is greatly to be lamented. I owe to them hours of listening pleasure and education. Please give a synopsis of the Carolyn Yeager debacle. I really liked Carolyn too.

6. UFASP
    Posted August 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

The Mark Weber Report, The Orthodox Nationalist, The Stark Truth, and The Friday Show were all gems. Mr. Weber, in particular, more than any other person, really got me asking all sorts of questions that I’m not supposed to ask. His articles on IHR are also thoroughly interesting. I hope these shows can find a way to resurface in one capacity or another.

I also hope Mr. Connor is doing alright. He seemed like very decent man.

7. Nicolai Boesen
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 4:48 am | Permalink

Sad that VoR has closed down. Many thanks to the people who did the extensive work of keeping it operating , i believe it was one of our greatest sources of education. It`s great that CC takes up mantle where VoR left off, though it seems to me that some of the programs on VoR had themes and standards, witch falls a bit outside and beneath the standards of CC , but maybe thats just me.
    I have complete mp3 archives of The Sunic Journal , The Orthodox Nationalist and Attack The System , for anyone interrested.

Posted August 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you.

We would like to have access to your archives. I need to set up a way to receive and store them, though.

I will be in touch.

8. Pavel Petrovich
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 10:25 am | Permalink

The Internet Archive seems to have most of the old shows, e.g. here:

Posted August 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Unfortunately, it is just the html pages, not the MP3s.

• Pavel Petrovich
        Posted August 30, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Hmm… I had only tried one mp3 and it was there. After trying some more, it appears that most aren’t there – but quite a few are. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any way to tell if the file is there other than to try to download it.

Posted August 30, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

OK, thanks. I tried a couple and found that I was linked back to VOR which no longer is online.

9. Stronza
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 11:40 am | Permalink

My favourite topic! Means of exchange or store of value, which is money meant to be? Is the latter always always wrong, everywhere and for all time, no matter what? Hope to see this discussed here.

If the banks don’t commit any jiggery pokery by lending money they don’t have on hand, I can’t see why the charging of interest would be inherently wrong. The economy would not be distorted if the banks were honest. Of course, for such a system to happen, we would have to start out fresh. I think this was discussed elsewhere on cc. Also, I think that down the line, in a noninterest money system, you will find those “one-time fees” becoming more significant. At least in a relatively free culture it would.

Any non-interest system, social credit or Anthony’s system, could exist only in a more old fashioned, traditional society. We have to have a low-population, less materialistic world first. You can’t have “interest-free credit” in this bloated, chaotic world. Our money system is all part of a much larger, hopelessly complicated ball of wax.

All in all, I really enjoyed hearing this interview. Robert really does ask the right questions and make the correct comments.

By the way, Henry Makow was mentioned. Henry pronounces his name Makoe. Rhymes with “toe” not “cow”.

10. Chris
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

VOR provided me with many hours of educational pleasure. It’s such a shame that it’s defunct. I hope that someone will archive all the shows, and that CC will host all the VOR shows. Thank you VOR; thank you CC.

Posted August 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

We will try to reconstruct all the archives.

We will host as many of the old VOR shows as possible.

11. me
    Posted August 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

It sure would be nice to have a transcript as I’m always interested in the monetary reform issues and not everyone has good hearing.

Posted August 30, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

I understand that, but making transcripts is very time-consuming, and we just can’t provide them. I would recommend you read some of the articles that are linked.

12. Botnik
    Posted September 10, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

1. For missing shows have you tried the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine? http://archive.org/index.php and type in Wayback Machine box.
    btw it is mirrored here: http://www.bibalex.org/isis/frontend/archive/archive_web.aspx

I did a quick test on one Sunic mp3 and from the wayback archive it was live, although that one happened to be on talkshoe.

2. as of time of posting http://reasonradionetwork.com/ is up and has been for some days although I have not examined its contents closely.

3. the general torrent sites may have missing mp3s include the private tracker sites or specialists like http://concen.org or http://www.cybersage.net among others.

4. In fact once an archive has been assembled it might be worth mirroring it in a torrent uploaded to a few of the main tracker sites such as those named and at isohunt, fenopy et al., so there is always (theoretically at least) a distributed version still available. To be undertaken only by someone reasonably adept in creating, uploading and seeding torrents, i.e. no stupidity like 2GB rar files (all .zip etc archive files best avoided), absurdly long embedded paths or filenames etc etc. Plenty of help can be had from those named sites and from the likes of http://thehowtoguides.com/

hth

Posted September 10, 2012 at 8:24 am | Permalink

Dietrich one of the founders of VoR logged in and paid the bill, so the site is online. We have made a complete copy and archived it in case it goes down again. I urge everyone to make copies of the shows they like.

• Video of the Day:

• Kindle Subscription

The Lightning and the Sun

An eagle with a shield soaring upwards

A Life in the Political Wilderness