The Counter-Currents Summer Fundraiser
We Made It!"/>

The Counter-Currents Summer Fundraiser
We Made It!

Since our last update, we have received 34 donations ranging in amount from $2 to $1,200, totaling $3,037, of which $2,697 will be matched, for a total of $5,734. That brings our grand total to $40,325 and our Summer Fundraiser to an end.

On behalf of myself, the Counter-Currents team, our authors, our podcasters, our readers, and those for whom we fight, I want to thank all of our donors for making our work possible. I also want to give special thanks to the benefactor who offered us a $10,000 matching grant.

Thank you all for your loyal readership and support.

Editor-in-Chief
Counter-Currents Publishing, Ltd.

This entry was posted in news item and tagged , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. JustAWhiteMom
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 10:00 am | Permalink

AWESOME!

2. J. G. Marcure
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Oh, this is good, mood-enhancing news!

3. Posted November 1, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Good news, Greg. Congratulations!

4. Gregory Hood
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Wonderful news.

Funding is critically important for our organizations. I’m glad to hear that this came together.

5. phil white
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear 34 more people stepped up. Better to have two hundred people give $25 each than for one to give $10,000, not slight our large benefactor.

6. Posted November 1, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!

7. Sandy
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

That’s great! From $2 to $1200 and many thanks to the secret matching donor – he deserves a cigar!

8. Spectator
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Hallelujah!

9. Fourmyle of Ceres
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 2:31 am | Permalink

With special thanks to the anonymous contributor’s matching donations, the central issue remains what Greg Johnson pointed out some time ago: with many small, RELIABLE, STEADY, REGULAR contributors, counter-currents can maintain the intellectual honesty that is the foundation for a truly effective political – and metapolitical – voice.

As always, thanks to those who contributed regularly; the person who gave $2 has the faith of the widow’s mite, and serves as an example to all who could contribute more, and more regularly. That is the foundation of success. Period.

Thanks to all.

10. excalibur
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

I was reluctant to post this comment because I was afraid I may offend some people.
    I believe it is not too much for many of us to deny ourselves some if not all football,or other sport events,or movies or dinners in restaurants or many frivolous things.I am not immune from blame, I have spent money on many things that are not necessary although I have never gone to any sport events.When I know how much the
    players are paid I found that repulsive.Consider the dedication, unselfishness of the staff of CC who speaks for the white people,we should feel ashamed that we have not done more.Please note I am talking about many not all of us.

Posted November 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

I am not a revolutionary ascetic, not yet anyway. So I really can’t ask our supporters to be as well. I don’t spend money on cigarettes or drugs, and I drink only occasionally. I think everybody should do that for reasons of health, not just our readers and supporters. I hate wasting money eating out. But I do encourage people make enjoying life part of their priorities, if not the highest one. I go to lectures, art exhibits, and concerts, and I certainly do not ask others to give that up so that I can enjoy them myself.

11. Deviance
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

My heartfelt congratulations, and deep admiration for the big donors.

I cannot help but notice, though, the eternal absence of the “white millionaire”. Have Whites got so poor and dispossessed since WWII that another Thyssen cannot give a mere $100k, or $50k, to the American New Right, the only serious pro-white counter-cultural movement set up in half a century?

Or is it that white millionaires exist, but simply don’t care at all about racial issues or the future of their children? I always had trouble understanding that, since I am of the — perhaps naive — opinion that rich people are smarter than average.

Or is it, finally, that they don’t believe donating money to pro-white causes is worth it? In that case, I — we — would be glad to at least hear something from them.

Posted November 3, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

This is a good question, and it is something we need to contemplate as we seek to develop donors.

I have observed rich people all my life. Rich people are surely smarter than average, but they are also probably more selfish than average and more conformist than average. (See my piece “Status Competition, Jews, and Racialist Mainstreaming”: http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/08/status-competition-jews-and-racialist-mainstreaming/)

Furthermore, money allows people to isolate themselves from the rest of humanity and allows them the illusion of buying a separate peace.

Beyond that, people who get rich through their own efforts — people who get rich by solving problems — tend to think that our racial situation is similarly soluble. They really think that they can game the existing system to victory, that we are only a few chess moves from the ethnostate. People like this tend to give their money to Republicans, Ron Paul, Tea Partiers, and WN “mainstreamers” because they just don’t understand the vast metapolitical gulf between what we want and what the rest of the culture wants (or think they want).

• Sandy
      Posted November 3, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

First the North American New Right has to be noticed by our millionaires before they offer us any support and secondly I would suspect that they would then have to trust us before slipping “the brown envelopes” to the powers-that-be in the White Nationalist cause. A clue as to how they think is the action of our last benefactor. He was quite willing to give us $10,000 but he expected us to “earn it” – which we did. I think I can also safely assume that our millionaires are not going to write any cheques for the NANR if they think that such an action would jeopardize the future of their beautiful young daughters.
      Thankfully the trend is our friend for when our first benefactor dropped out for reasons unknown to us another stepped into the breach. If the North American New Right can stand its ground, maintain its excellence and offer our people a future the tide will swing in our favour.

• Fourmyle of Ceres
        Posted November 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

Sandy in blockquote:

That is a singularly insightful observation.

The soft blackmail of the person who supports “The Cause” narrowly, and only to the point that it stops developing and is stuck in his archaic framework, is to be shunned. That CC, in the spirit of intellectual honesty that has been its hallmark, stood athwart this attempt at moral corruption shouting ‘No!” is heartening; it is almost as heartening as the people who stepped up to meet the terms of the matching grant.

Greg is right. Lots of regular donations DO provide the bulwark to act with the necessary independence.

Speaking of “lots of regular donations,” is it a new month already?

Good.

Another excuse has been removed.

In the spirit of the election cycle upon us, I can only say, “Give early, and give often!”

12. excalibur
    Posted November 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

G.Johnson wrote ” I do encourage people make enjoying life part of their priorities if not the highest one”.It is put very tactfully “if not the highest one”.We should ask ourselves,how much we can “enjoy life” when our race is destroyed and humiliated, and we almost welcome that.
    We know if G. Johnson wanted to ” enjoy life” he would have not be involved with CC,he might have been in academia or other “respectful” cushy positions.
    Compare that with the appeal of the previous pope,”give until it hurts”.To give to whom?To the people who not only do not appreciate but to ones who are openly hostile.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

You are right: if all I wanted to do were to enjoy a life lived without honoring myself or the truth that I have learned, I would just prostitute myself to the system and lead a secure and comfortable life. And I have no doubt that I would be one of the people who remain within the prosperity bubble even when the rest of the country crashes into Third World status.

But that does not imply that being a professional White Nationalist is a joyless endeavor. Quite the contrary. I enjoy my life. Although to the outsider, the WN world seems crowded with repugnant freaks, I have also met some of the finest people I know through this cause. And, as William Pierce pointed out to me, nothing beats the pleasure of speaking the truth as one sees it for the rest of one’s life.

• Video of the Day:

• Kindle Subscription

The Lightning and the Sun

The Wagnerian Drama

An eagle with a shield soaring upwards

A Life in the Political Wilderness