Our Writer of the Year:
Andrew Hamilton

From now on, as part of our annual birthday festivities, Counter-Currents will name a Writer of the Year for the previous year.

Our first Writer of the Year is Andrew Hamilton. In the past year, Andrew has published 53 pieces at Counter-Currents: 52 articles and his major translation of Anders Breivik’s Opening Statement. Eight of those articles (plus two earlier ones) have also been translated into German by As der Schwerter.

Andrew’s work is outstanding in four areas: (1) quality, (2) versatility, (3) quantity, and (4) reliability.

In terms of quality, I am most impressed with his clarity, careful research and reasoning, and sometimes brutal frankness.

In terms of versatility, Hamilton has written on white identity, race relations, European prehistory, popular music, movies, geography, demographics, physical anthropology, medicine, painting, language, comics, oratory, the Jewish question, history, holidays, and current events. Consider the following ten articles, selected at random:

1. Race Hustle: The Crying Indian
  2. The Black (and White) Predicament: Harold Cruse’s The Crisis of the Negro Intellectual
  3. The Pioneers and Frontiersmen of Prehistorical Europe
  4. Norman Rockwell’s Triple Self-Portrait
  5. Voice of Swedish Nationalism: Saga and Her Music
  6. Types of Courage
  7. Jews Menaced by Comic Book
  8. Hitler as Orator
  9. Benjamin Franklin on Demography and Whiteness
  10. White Nationalist Race-Mixers

In terms of quantity and reliability, Andrew is an editor’s dream. Every Friday, he delivers a new article. On the few occasions in which his articles have not appeared on Friday, that is entirely my doing. The ability to produce like this is actually a rare skill. If it were just a matter of will, then I would do it myself. Andrew’s articles, moreover, are so carefully written that they require almost no editing.

Because of these qualities, Andrew has built his own weekly following, and many of his older articles draw steady search engine traffic to Counter-Currents. The numbers and personal reports do not lie: Andrew Hamilton is making a real, measurable difference in the struggle to save our race.

History is not merely a matter of powerful forces making sudden, dramatic upheavals and transformations. For the most part, it is made by countless small forces — wind, water, individual choices — whose effects are magnified by repetition over time.

We have many talented writers, but I wish more of them were like Andrew Hamilton, who magnifies the force of his ideas by producing quality work on a regular schedule. If I had five regular columnists, one for each weekday, that would provide a solid foundation for further growth. Thus I would like to encourage our existing writers to consider making such a commitment.

Thank you, Andrew Hamilton!

Editor-in-Chief

This entry was posted in news item, North American New Right and tagged , , , , . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. MOB
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 6:59 am | Permalink

“Annual Writer of the Year” sounds like a worthwhile tradition, and you’ve made an excellent first selection: self-discipline, intelligence, focus, acuity, high-mindedness and respect for his readers stand out as regular features of his contributions. He brings credit to Counter-Currants and to the good judgment of Greg Johnson, the person at the controls.

Bearing in mind C-C’s modest financial state, yet I’d like to suggest that formally attaching a cash award to the “Annual Writer of the Year” tradition would increase its weight, not only as a reward for recipients, but as a standard and motivator for others.

Posted June 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Yes, in the future we will do that, when we have the money.

2. Ulf Larsen
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 1:40 am | Permalink

Good choice – Hamilton is one of my favourite writers for this site. It was in fact quite recently that i discovered how good a writer he is, when I read his review of Toaff, so I will be looking at some of his older writings when I have a chance.

3. Andrew Hamilton
    Posted June 14, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

Greg, many thanks for this. Your words are greatly appreciated, and the clarity of your statement matches the clarity of all of your writing. You’re also broad-minded, or open-minded, when it comes to many of the things I write, even when you may not agree with them, which, from an author’s perspective, is an invaluable trait. I had another racialist editor who was the same way, so I’ve been fortunate in that regard.

Thanks also for the kind comments from readers above, as well as the many who have commented over the past year. I pay close attention to comments. I learn from them, have quoted some in subsequent articles, and just the other day checked out a book recommended by a reader with which I was previously unfamiliar. And it’s good, just as he said!

4. Posted June 14, 2012 at 11:05 am | Permalink

53 articles in a year, very impressive indeed.

5. Junghans
    Posted June 14, 2012 at 7:49 am | Permalink

I wholeheartedly concur. Andrew Hamilton [a pen-name presumably?] is a first class scholar, researcher and writer, and a most perceptive one as well. His incisive intellectual output is absolutely invaluable.

6. Posted June 14, 2012 at 4:25 am | Permalink

I offer my congratulations, too. Every word of praise Mr. Johnson has written is well earned. Every Friday I look forward to a new Hamilton article. And just wondering how he will surprise me with a new topic is most satisfying.

Keep up the good work!

7. Eric Hale
    Posted June 13, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Andrew is outstanding…in fact, so is every writer I’ve read here. Congratulations, Mr. Hamilton!

8. Posted June 13, 2012 at 7:07 am | Permalink

AGREE!!!! Every time I read something on here and am really into it, I think, “I bet Hamilton wrote this.” And I scroll up and am right. I do the same thing w/ KMAC so you’re in good company, sir.