Today is the 130th anniversary of Richard Wagner’s death in Venice. May 22, 2013 is the 200th anniversary of Wagner’s birth. To mark this occasion, Counter-Currents/North American New Right will run a symposium on “Our Wagner.” The symposium will consist of essays, reviews, poems, podcasts, and videos on Wagner’s life, work, and ongoing significance for the metapolitical project of the North American New Right and the New Right in general. Suggested topics include:
- Wagner’s operas as music and drama
- The mythological and historical sources of Wagner’s dramas
- Wagner’s artistic theories
- Wagner on culture and politics
- Wagner and Schopenhauer
- Wagner and Nietzsche
- Wagner, Christianity, and paganism
- Wagner in Traditionalist perspective
- Wagner and the Jewish question
- Wagner and race
- Wagner, vegetarianism, and animal rights
- Wagner and the Third Reich
- Wagner and film
- Wagner and psychology
- Wagner and popular culture
The best essays will be reprinted in North American New Right vol. 2. Or, if we have enough material, we will publish an entire book.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to participate in this project.
Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.
& North American New Right